KBB on Sale @ Lowes

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
$17.88 for the 16lb twin packs. Not the best sale, but if you need a few to tie you over until the Memorial Day sales...

Lowes & HD are no longer carrying the 20lb twin packs.

It wasn’t that long ago that “double 20’s” were $9.98 when on sale!
Costco sells “Dbl 18’s“ of KPro for $16.50 on sale these days. I think it goes through next week. I’m well stocked for the moment (no room at the inn) so, I won’t be able to add anything today.
Interesting how times change!

I am currently making my way through some KBB that I purchased back when it was under $10 for a twin pack. It works well for grilling, but it really creates quite the nasty smoke when starting up in a charcoal chimney, looks like my house or yard is on fire.

I think the Costco K-Pro sale lasts until this Sun.

I bought 2 18lb twin packs a couple weeks ago so I'm more than good until the Memorial Day sales.
Costco sells “Dbl 18’s“ of KPro for $16.50 on sale these days. I think it goes through next week. I’m well stocked for the moment (no room at the inn) so, I won’t be able to add anything today.
Interesting how times change

Kingsford Professional is basically wood char + a starch binder + a tiny bit of borax so the briquets release cleanly from the pressing machine. I've not used it much for barbecuing but have used it some for grilling. I've not used it enough to have an opinion about flavor differences.

Last time we saw those prices routinely was 2018.

Last time we saw those prices routinely was 2018.

Thanks Chris, I really feel old now!😉

And to make matters worse, they're now performing the common practice of "shrinkflation". The price of the 20lb twins was $21.98, while the 16lb twins they're selling now are $19.98. So while the price appears to be less, you're actually paying more per pound than before...

K-Pro is good stuff. Been using that a lot lately and have no complaints. Costco will likely run the same sale when their May sales flier comes out.

Karl is right,I was just at Costco and it’s $18.49 per dbl bag.
And, no I didn’t get a brisket, no room in the freezer! No room in the refrigerators either! Wish I had not committed to something I’ve already made! That’s OK, I have one in the deep freeze still. If I get a chance, I will make enough room for one.

I was in Lowes yesterday and saw a big pallet of the 16lb twin packs in the main aisle at the front and noticed that they had them listed at the normal $19.98 price.

Guess somebody there didn't get the memo 🤔

At a local supermarket I bought this 8lb bag for around $29 here in Costa Rica a couple of weeks-ago :(

I generally buy the local stuff which is a lot cheaper but I like the consistent burn of the “Kingsford” when using my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie around once-a-month. I burn around 5lb of this charcoal each time doing a Rotisserie cook.

Attachments

• 9198934D-95B5-4867-89A2-94EF8C95F796.jpeg
    9198934D-95B5-4867-89A2-94EF8C95F796.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back