Just got the middle finger from the wife

Scott Smith

TVWBB Pro
I was trying to grill 5 corn and 4 chicken thighs and a london broil and a couple of pounds of cut up potatoes on a Genesis two-burner and I decide to be snarky and say "sure would be nice to have another grill right about now". Wife gives me the finger because last week she made me put the other two grills under the deck. She then asks "Do they work?" ("yes"). "Do we have gas for them? ("I put it back in the shed").

Sometimes I can't win.

be happy you're not this guy:

"I already have 2 Recteq smokers and my wife is telling me I do not need a third. She is right and my loss is your gain."

be happy you're not this guy:

"I already have 2 Recteq smokers and my wife is telling me I do not need a third. She is right and my loss is your gain."
That guy still has two more Recteq smokers than I ever will.

Since I do all the cooking, my loving wife, rarely, if ever, gives me ANY grief when it comes to equipment or supplies!
I DO know just how incredibly lucky I am! She is the best, ever!
So your wife has no problem with you spending 6k for 3 Recteq smokers which is probably what he spent if not more? If so the best ever would be an understatement of course I need to question why anyone needs 3 Recteq smokers unless they run a business or whatever but to each their own its their money. :)

Since I do all the cooking, my loving wife, rarely, if ever, gives me ANY grief when it comes to equipment or supplies!
I DO know just how incredibly lucky I am! She is the best, ever!
Pretty much the same scenario here. Miriam gave me a large Members Mark natural gas grill for my b'day one year and a Traeger the next year. Since then, I've bought 3 kettles, an electric smoker and various accessories with no resistance from her. Since retiring 9 years ago, I do almost all of the cooking too.

My gf bought me my Red LE for Christmas, as well as my Summit Charcoal for Father’s Day/birthday. And my yellow 70th for birthday. Oh crap, Now that I think about it, I guess my Sequoia as well, I don’t have FB and she laid the guy through that and I guess I still owe her…🤣

I’m the only cook in the house other the my 9 year old, and any time I get grief I just tell her she played an equal role. I didn’t fall off the edge until I got the LE.

Now about that Sequoia I owe her for…..

So your wife has no problem with you spending 6k for 3 Recteq smokers which is probably what he spent if not more? If so the best ever would be an understatement of course I need to question why anyone needs 3 Recteq smokers unless they run a business or whatever but to each their own its their money. :)
In all my years in sales I never learned how to find out how much money was in a customers pocket until the actually paid for something, if someone as the money for three smokers like that, I’m not going to say that he shouldn’t have them. I would never dream of being so frivolous with that kind of money for ANY three grills! If I had that kind of disposable income, I’d have bought the mandolin I’ve been wanting for thirty years! (This guys instruments are running about 15K now)
She would understand but, I’m practical enough to know it’s not the tool but, the man (woman) turning the screw that has power in the end product.

Back