Just built a 4.2.4! Love it.. I have a feature request... (already)

Marc Strickland

TVWBB Member
Maybe it can already do this and I just did not see where... Can you remap a different port as the "PIT" port? reason, I have many ThermoWorks Pro probes and only one thermocouple probe, yes I built the thermocouple version. If my thermocouple dies, I'm SOL until another one makes it's way to my house... If one could remap the PIT to port 1,2 or 3, in a pinch I could just use one of my food probes as a pit probe and keep going...

I know, order a spare before hand... ;-)

I must say this is a great kit, well researched and designed.. Thank you!

Took about 2 hours to build. Now I just need to put it in a case and figure out how I'm going to stick it on my Primo XL... We'll see if the blower is big enough...

This already exists. If you disable Probe 0, it will use Probe 1 as the pit probe, but it's not reflected on the LCD or Web UI, it will simply say "no pit probe" but it will use Probe 1 as the pit probe.

Correct, except on the LCD when you disable Probe 0 it will show the temp from the next enabled probe as the Pit Temp, though on the web interface the Pit Probe section will say OFF. I'm pretty sure it flows down the chain, so if you disable Probe 0 and Probe 1 then Probe 2 will act as the pit probe.

Wonderful news! Thank you both. As long as it works, I don't care about the rest. I can always order a new thermocouple probe and use it until it comes...

Yes, that is exactly why I suggested to Bryan that he make the pit probe flow down stream like that when it is disabled... So if your thermocouple dies your heater meter is not dead in the water until you can get a new one, just move on with a standard probe.

Has anyone actually killed a thermocouple? They're incredibly resilient when compared to a thermistor.

Has anyone actually killed a thermocouple? They're incredibly resilient when compared to a thermistor.

I have tried......

I have a auber 4 inch with clip. It was outside for a winter frozen, Its covering came off, so now its exposed. I have walked on it, broke the wires numerous times and it still works perfectly

Last edited:
I would think the lead wire would be the easiest part to kill.... I've been pretty tough on my TC and it's still kicking....

Back