Just bought an 18.5 SMC and joined this forum

Pierce Shane

Hi I am Pierce Shane from Central New York. I just found this forum and I believe it will be a great asset to my 18.5 SMC smoker. Just fired it up this morning and I am doing a pot roast on it. I have maintained in the smoke range since 11:30 this morning, real easy to control this smoker.

Welcome to the forum. Like Chris said lots of great people willing to answer any questions and their's usually someone on who can help out in an emergency. Just keep in mind that my advise and answers are usually wrong. That's what my wife says anyways.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My first attempt at smoking meat was with a close out Walmart 30 dollar special. It served me well for the last 5 years, but rust age took over and it is now on it's last legs. I have always loved Weber's quality having the kettle grill and their gas grill. I could not believe how easy smoking a pot roast on the WSM was and how long it held temperature in the smoking range. I did some good smoke on my last smoker, I feel I will do some awesome smoke with the WSM and this site.

Back