Junk in bag of pellets

Darian Hofer

TVWBB Pro
New to buying big bags of pellets.
It seems fairly common to find almost anything in a bag of lump charcoal but wasn’t sure if same was true with pellets.
Found a fairly large piece of rubber in my first bag of B&B.
79B37ADF-9D87-4F14-863A-723A75750B97.jpeg45A871E2-C906-48BC-B6FC-5BA8A49D956C.jpeg

Yeah, if that had been a really off brand I might not be surprised. B&B does good stuff; I think you should give them a pass for this one fluke happening.

Let us know how the pellets themselves do for you.

Yeah, if that had been a really off brand I might not be surprised. B&B does good stuff; I think you should give them a pass for this one fluke happening.

Let us know how the pellets themselves do for you.
I have no real comparison as this is the first bag of pellets I have used. But I like them.
They smell great while burning and are fairly mild on the food. Price seems very good. Buying local at about $16 for #40 bag.

I would send them a friendly email explaining what you have found.
If there is a batch number on the bag they might be able to narrow it down to the production facility. There could be a faulty bit of equipment at the plant and someone might recognise what the piece of rubber is.
I've done that once or twice in the past, and both times the manufacturer has been grateful for the heads-up.

There could be a faulty bit of equipment at the plant and someone might recognise what the piece of rubber is.
That looks like a piece of rubber belting.

I found a half lb. piece of clinker in a bag of Royal Oak lump, sent them in an email. The response I got back was pretty much "sucks to be you, doesn't it?" Last bag of RO that I'll ever buy.

Back