Jumbo Joe Carry Bag or Case

Lee Murrah

Has anyone found a good carry bag or case for the Jumbo Joe? I haul mine in the basement of my motor home, and I need something to keep the ash and grease contained. I have tried a garbage bad and a cardboard box, but neither is satisfactory.

Has anyone found a good carry bag or case for the Jumbo Joe? I haul mine in the basement of my motor home, and I need something to keep the ash and grease contained. I have tried a garbage bad and a cardboard box, but neither is satisfactory.
The only thing that I can think of is to buy a Weber 18.5" kettle cover and have someone handy with backpack/tent repair modify it to fit the JJ.
I would buy the premium cover, IMO the standard cover is junk.

That is a nice looking cover, but I am looking for something to completely enclose the grill, including the legs. The grill rides in the basement of my motor home, and it does not appear the the cover will prevent ash from falling on the floor. I am looking at a plastic tub with rope handle, the type that many use for party drink coolers. Tractor Supply here has a muck bucket, but it is a couple of inches too small. Thanks for the suggestion.

TonyUK, how's the quality of the cover? I like your suggestion, but I want one that will last a few years, not buy one every year.

I found a Smith and Hawken pop up lawn bag at Target that fits the Jumbo Joe perfectly. It is light but appears strong enough to do the job. I'll need to add a circular piece of plywood or the like to the bottom for stiffness. It is a little tall to fit into my RV basement, but all I have to do is collapse the bag just a bit to fit it in.

I found a Smith and Hawken pop up lawn bag at Target that fits the Jumbo Joe perfectly. It is light but appears strong enough to do the job. I'll need to add a circular piece of plywood or the like to the bottom for stiffness. It is a little tall to fit into my RV basement, but all I have to do is collapse the bag just a bit to fit it in.
Brilliant idea !

Maybe use a #2 wash tub, don't really remember the diameter, perhaps a #1 would work? Should be able ro find them at a farm store.

I got the cover/case today and it fits the grill pretty good. As a carry bag, the Weber handle sticks up out of the bag, but it carries the grill well, and should work fine to keep charcoal, soot, and grease off my camper. As a cover it fits good and covers the entire grill. The drawstring doesn’t tighten very well, but maybe after the cover material breaks in a little it will work better, but other than that I’m satisfied.76ECB054-1587-473A-88BC-CDEF7BBD32B5.jpegC4176095-29BE-4201-B425-32F77AE5F42D.jpeg,

Back