Jerked SPOG Legs

the whole 1/4rs are my favorite cut from the chicken as well......
I just bought a 12 pound box of them vac packed in 2's from my butcher on Saturday.
Yours look great, can't wait to see the final product.

I like bbq'd chicken. It's one of my favourites from the grill. Get off my lawn!
I picked up these 4 organically raised chook legs from my butcher today. I jerked two, & spog'd the other two.
I'll vortex them with a chunk of orange wood.

I won a bbq contest chicken entry using orange wood (pellets from BBQ’ers Delight) with chicken marinated in OJ and a Stubbs orange rub (no longer made, I think) + other secrets. I decided to “stand out”, rather than “blend in” with the other entries. By a happy coincidence of luck and circumstance, the judges liked it. It was pretty unique but really good.

Your foiling is far and away neater than mine ever ends up but, you clean your grill more thoroughly than I. I run the foil up the sidewall of the kettle as well as the Vortex, it makes a tolerably good “trough”, helps in the cleanup for me.

Last edited:
Your foiling is far and away neater than mine ever ends up but, you clean your grill more thoroughly than I. I run the foil up the sodewall9& the kettle as well as the Vortex, it makes a tolerably good “trough”, helps in the cleanup for me.
I had a rush of blood to the head this afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I got my cleaning head on.

Tony,
My wife and I were looking at your photos and she wanted me to ask how old is your house and your neighborhood? She is both an English college professor and her hobby is geniology so she notices these things. Food and the setting look great!

Back