Inside Out Egg Sandwich?

Arun L.

TVWBB All-Star
I used to know how to make this, but messed it up the last two times I made it, last year.

This is a sandwich where the egg enclosed the bread, so it's on the outside.

99.9% of the things I make always have instructions and a recipe.

This is one of the few that doesn't have instructions.

What do you think the process should be?

Also, is 3 eggs enough, or should I use 4? Last time, 3 didn't seem to be enough to cover the bread.

Should the steps be something like this, or are there other suggestions?

* Fry egg
* Once it is cooked, assemble the sandwich on top of the egg.
* Fold/wrap the egg around the sandwich so it encloses the sandwich.

After folding the egg around the sandwich, do I then have to flip the sandwich over, so I can seal the ends of the egg together, from the heat? Is this something that is realistically achievable?

Or, is it then ready to eat, and I just have to hold the ends of the egg together, to make sure it stays wrapped around the sandwich.

I think this is the part where I had trouble. I didn't remember what I would do to make the egg enclose, and stay enclosed, around the sandwich. I think it was possible to do so, but don't remember anymore, and don't remember taking a picture of one of these sandwiches before either. So I don't remember what it was supposed to look like.

Thanks for finding that.

Almost like this.

However, the egg is supposed to be covering the bread.

I think I can use most of the same technique as what's in that post. However, instead of forming the sandwich so that the egg is the middle, I would be flipping it in the opposite direction so that the bread is within the egg itself.

One thing I hadn't been doing, is placing the bread at the beginning. I had been doing it at the end, and maybe that's why I found more difficulty in getting the egg to cover the bread, without the egg breaking.

I will put the bread on at the beginning next time, I think that will help.

Back