Indirect heat on Spirit II 310

Josh Collins

Going to try an 11 lb bird using Weber's brined and bbq'd recipe this year. I'm using a Spirit II 310. Its my first time attempting a grilled turkey and originally planned on putting pan in center and using outside burners only but when I do that the temps are pretty consistent @ 400 with 2 outside burners on low. when doing a turkey on a 3 burner grill how do you set it up? just on side burner on w/bird on other end or bird in center with outside burners on? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving All!

First make sure the lid will close on the Spirit II E-310 with a whole turkey either placed north/south or east/west. I have the same grill and shut off the middle burner and set the outside burner to medium/medium low with a target temp of 350-400 degrees. I generally use the 11-13 minutes per pound as a guide and check the bird at the low time side and cook longer if needed. I'd check your 11 lb bird around 2 hours for temp in the thigh and breast. I use an aluminum pan under the grates with a little chicken stock to catch the drippings for gravy. This year I'm grilling my first spatchcocked turkey to get it on the grill. I've read this method grills the turkey faster at about 10 minutes per pound. Good luck!

First make sure the lid will close on the Spirit II E-310 with a whole turkey either placed north/south or east/west. I have the same grill and shut off the middle burner and set the outside burner to medium/medium low with a target temp of 350-400 degrees. I generally use the 11-13 minutes per pound as a guide and check the bird at the low time side and cook longer if needed. I'd check your 11 lb bird around 2 hours for temp in the thigh and breast. I use an aluminum pan under the grates with a little chicken stock to catch the drippings for gravy. This year I'm grilling my first spatchcocked turkey to get it on the grill. I've read this method grills the turkey faster at about 10 minutes per pound. Good luck!
Yep it fits! Thanks for the tips!

Turkey came out fantastic! The skin didn't brown up much at all, but this was hands down the juiciest turkey I've ever had. Even the leftovers were moist. Also loved the simple gravy made from the 'soup' the turkey cooked in.

Attachments

• 20201126_153845.jpg
    20201126_153845.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 9

Back