Incoming refurb Genesis

Very similar to a platinum II, it has the heavier Summit frame. You don't see too many of those to be sure.

Not sure, but I think those are early 2000's vintage. That looks like a very nice specimen.
I am not sure, but that may be one of those grills that use an uncommon set of flavorizer bars.

Larry, I have a skeleton of one in the back yard. You are welcome to it.

I've not seen one in person, but it may be the two year run: 2000 / 2001 where Golds were different cook boxes and burners than Silvers.

Burners longer and Flav bars longer than a Silver B , yet not a 13 bar either.

Yah, the shelves are in pretty rough shape and the side burner is gone, but I was thinking maybe the frame would be useful. Maybe one of those portable work benches or serving tables I see several members create with extra frames. The frames on these platinum grills are pretty substantial. It is likely going to wind up in a scrap pile for the local scrapper to pick up.

I've not seen one in person, but it may be the two year run: 2000 / 2001 where Golds were different cook boxes and burners than Silvers.

Burners longer and Flav bars longer than a Silver B , yet not a 13 bar either.
DanHoo,
I think you are dead-on with regard to this one. They have a kind of macho look and are very unique. The downside is that they take up a lot room while not offering less shelf space than a Silver C with flip up tables that takes up less space on your deck.

This seems to be the one. looks like the 3 inch castors and flavouriser bars look tricky to source. (https://www.grillparts.com/weber/Gold2000.asp?product_id=WFBGP-2002)

any further advise welcomed
Paul, if you can't source the correct flavorizer bars for that grill, you can use the bottom five from a genesis 1000 set. They are the same length, just not as tall.

Paul, if you can't source the correct flavorizer bars for that grill, you can use the bottom five from a genesis 1000 set. They are the same length, just not as tall.
That’s what I did with mine, but got all 13 bars inside. As for swivel castors, I haven’t found replacements except from donor grills, they show up on my area about twice a year, this was on FMP from last week:
8B62C72A-61AD-4BDF-9519-A164C5C9716C.png

Thanks all.

The bigger challenge is now the castors, in fact the sockets where the castors fit. The castors themselves are OK but
one of the sockets has broken.

Do the castors come with the sockets and can anyone tell me if anywhere stocks them?? HELP!!!!

1662545739278.png

IMG_3231.jpg

Last edited:
BC68D704-277E-4F1F-9FEA-82DD80037FEB.jpeg
If you can’t find replacement sockets, I can tell you that 2 of the square run-of-the-mill sockets/casters off grills from that era will fit inside your Gold C. Here are 2 from my SSP stuffed side-by-side (I didn’t insert right one all the way to show there are indeed 2).

5A62977B-D2B1-4C00-B222-26A36856487E.jpeg
Maybe you can bond the 2 casters and fill in voids with epoxy, then drill out hole for the 3 inch caster.

View attachment 59023
If you can’t find replacement sockets, I can tell you that 2 of the square run-of-the-mill sockets/casters off grills from that era will fit inside your Gold C. Here are 2 from my SSP stuffed side-by-side (I didn’t insert right one all the way to show there are indeed 2).

View attachment 59024
Maybe you can bond the 2 casters and fill in voids with epoxy, then drill out hole for the 3 inch caster.
Thank you so much for the guidance, i will try and prize out the faulty socket later today

Beautiful job. Is that a keeper or flip? I think you missed a finger print on the control panel though. ;)

Back