In the clutch, I always go to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Smith

TVWBB Wizard
My 1992 Model SS Performer (REDHEAD). I've got all of these wonderful grills and I really enjoy using them and getting to know all of their peculiarities, but when I'm doing a cook that just absolutely, positively has to be right, I always find myself uncovering my time-tested, battle proven Weber SS Performer!

Tonight I was making Shrimp Burgers for my wife and daughter and wanted them to be absolutely perfect, so I went for the Performer. Daughter, a picky eater, finished her shrimp burger and sighed "now I'm sad, its gone and I want another one!"

Thank you my Performer friend - I can always count on you!

Pat

I feel the same way about my beloved One touch platinum. Its about 7 years old now and it is definately my go to grill.

Since I obtained my 22.5" OTS and since my wife and I got our patio cover installed, I've more often than not used my OTS for just about everything. This was also solidified this winter when I set up a wind blocker around the OTS using my gasser, a large piece of plywood, and the large glass patio table turned on its side. This then made my OTS (and my mini-kettle) virtually the only available grill(s) which to use; my "goto grill", as it were.

Since I became unemployed in July 2010, I've heard from my wife on many occasions: "You know, you don't need to grill every night." To which I always reply: "Yes, I do!"
icon_biggrin.gif

Barret

I feel the same way about my blue Performer.

BTW Pat, how 'bout a pic of those shrimp burgers next time you make them, they sound yummy!

I love my 1995 SS Red Performer and is what I cook on the most. I just made thin cut boneless pork chops on it the other night and they turned out great. I hardly ever use any of my OTS's anymore and should probably sell them as my fiancee says I have too many grills. LOL.

Wayne

What's with all of these women saying we have too many grills? I'll bet they don't think they have too many shoes!

Pat (Ducking as a high heeled pump flys past his ear)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
What's with all of these women saying we have too many grills? I'll bet they don't think they have too many shoes!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told my wife the same thing last week after I brought home 2 bbqs within 1 week. She said, "But you have 4 BBQs now, how many more do you need?" First I told her they were functional yard art. After I got "the look", I mentioned her shoes, and that conversation ended abruptly. My next line was going to be the cost of shoes v bbqs, but will save that for next time
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back