I'm The Guy Who Sold You Out

Dan N.

TVWBB Pro
Wanted to be the first to welcome you this AM, but couldn't post til now. Welcome. And I guess I owe you a Schlitz (if I can ever find here in Central Wisconsin). The only question I have (and maybe asked in the above posts) is how influential has this forum been with Weber in developing these new products? It would be nice if corporate America actually listens to their loyal users.

Anyhow, thanks for joining this Q&A and hope you continue to post with this great bunch of Weber Heads. And I love the 22. Great job.

Dan

PBR, please... When you come to Chicago it's on me. I may just be riding my scooter up your way when it's warmer.

As for influence, Chris could tell you that occassionally he'd hear from someone at Weber. Like all companies that produce consumer goods -whether you make guitars, cellphones, or grills, you do market research, lurk around the web, stores, look at past history. Standard stuff.

-Mike

Sent via my Timex Sinclair

You know, before I was contacted by Weber last August about trying the new 22" WSM, I had only heard directly from Weber once, and it was an e-mail from someone in Legal who congratulated me on the site and specifically mentioned that it was great that I placed a disclaimer on the site making clear that I was not representing Weber in any way.
icon_smile.gif

I had sought contact with Weber on two occasions by visiting the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association trade show in Anaheim in 2004 and in Reno in 2006. I spoke briefly with Mike Kempster on both occasions about future plans for the WSM.

So it was a big surprise to be contacted directly by Weber Public Relations and be asked to try out the 22" cooker and to come to Palatine to debrief on my experience. Based on the people I talked to during my meetings, it was pretty clear that people had been snooping around TVWB and getting ideas for improvements.

Chris

Yeah. That was me doing "research". I'm actually kinda likin' coming here to enjoy it rather than work... ok. I have more questions to answer...

Back