I'm running a fever.

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
And I have a headache and stomach ache. I can't stop thinking that a crimson Genesis II SE-330 and a crimson Performer Deluxe would go so nicely with my newly restored Genesis 1000 and WSM 22.
GenesisIICrimson2.jpg
WeberPerformerCrimson.jpg

Image-3.jpeg

I think I've come down with Weberitis. Are there any treatment options available? It'll pass, right?

I see where that stimulus Monopoly money is going!

That crimson Genesis II with the open cart, stainless 9mm grates, and sear burner looks really, really nice to me. I know some don’t agree, but I wish I could have one to find out for myself.😁

You can also search for used ones in the same red like this E330:
https://grillgirl.com/2014/05/2014-weber-genesis-ep-330-review-grill-kicks-***/

Or this Performer:

I see where that stimulus Monopoly money is going!

That crimson Genesis II with the open cart, stainless 9mm grates, and sear burner looks really, really nice to me. I know some don’t agree, but I wish I could have one to find out for myself.😁
There is something about it. It DOES look really nice! If we were coming up on an ordinary summer with plans for a few parties of 20-30 people, I might have been able to "rationalize" it. But since I'll only be cooking for two into the foreseeable future, I can only hope that Weber continues to make the crimson model for a few years. EDIT. If a stellar rotisserie setup was not so important to me, I might have bought one instead of restoring that old 1000.

You can also search for used ones in the same red like this E330:

Or this Performer:
I look at CL/FB M/offerup/letgo regularly. If a red SS performer popped up near me, I'd be all over it.

Last edited:
You will never regret having a classic REAL Weber Genesis, especially a beauty like yours!!!! :redgenesis1:

I am a stalwart fan of these old Webers, but that doesn't mean I don't have room to also like that crimson Genesis II model. With the open cart (hopefully less rust problems), extra nice grates and a fourth sear burner it has a lot to offer. I feel like Weber tried to go back to at least some of the basics with this model while providing some things superior to what you could get back in the day on an early Genesis. Yes, it probably isn't as rugged, but they still seem head and shoulders above their big box store competition. So, yeah, you have to pay for that. The analysis some here have done shows that the current price when adjusted for inflation is similar to what you had to pay for a Weber Genesis 30 or so years ago. If I had enough stimulus $ to justify it, I probably would order one!

I've got that Performer! Love it. Got lucky and snatched up the only one in that color that I've seen hit Facebook.

That Genesis looks amazing. Love the new open cart design.

Back