iGrill Additional Probes?

EricGCollyer

Hello all! I recently acquired an iGrill thermometer. I was hoping to pick up a probe that would let me monitor the ambient temperature in my smoker. From what I can see, the only place to buy an ambient temperature probe for the iGrill is from their website. It is $25. Is it worth it to purchase the probe directly from them? Are there other probes that would work just as well? Thanks in advance for any information provided.

I was just looking at this today too. I have the iGrill Mini. I ended up getting this cradle for my probe and will probably just get another Mini through Amazon. I mean if I get it through iDevices, it's going to cost $30 just for an additional probe, or I can get the whole Mini setup again for $33 on Amazon with free shipping. But I would love to know if there are other, cheaper probes that would work too.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00LP7ZPH0/tvwb-20

I ordered the probe direct from iGrill. It came quickly. I like the little reel that holds the probe and wire. No problems with it.

You probably have to used the IGrill probes. However you might be about to stick a standard probe through a piece of potato to use as ambient. It won't be too far off.

Back