Iberico Secreto Pork

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
In this amazing thread Tim O. He and other talked about this cut and Iberico pork from Wild Fork.
IMG_20230127_170633.jpg

Just salt and pepper.
IMG_20230127_171425.jpg

At first flip.
IMG_20230127_175218.jpg

I was fighting flair up the whole cook and caught one on camera here.
IMG_20230127_175239.jpg

Right before I pulled it
IMG_20230127_175315.jpg

Pulled it at 140.
IMG_20230127_175449.jpg

To cut against the grain, I first cut it into three steaks with the grain and then against the grain for the final cut.
IMG_20230127_180049.jpg

The flap was more done and the core of the steak was still nicely pink.
IMG_20230127_180302.jpg

Served with Brizilian Rice and CI skillet (on the grill) sugar snap peas.
IMG_20230127_180856.jpg

Let me talk about the Iberico Pork. If I would have been given this blindfolded I would have bet money it was an expensive ribeye steak with a pad of butter on top after cooked. It was tender, juicey, rich, and satisfying. This was not like any pork I have had before. Now would I buy it again? Yeah, but I only have steak ones or twice a month and I think I would crave and purchase a Picanha or ribeye over this most orders I place with Wild Forks, but if they keep it stocked I want to try the Plum

Wow!! Great work, Michael.

I ordered one from WF Farms, grilled it last night.
Salt, pepper, some good olive oil. Seared direct, flipping about every minute. Hit 140 real fast.

One of the best, most flavorful pieces of protein I have ever had. Like Michael said, if I didn't know this was pork I might've believed it was skirt or really good flank. Hard to describe.

It is funny that this thread resurfaced as I am getting ready to place a wild fork order tomorrow and I was just notified that the Pluma is back in stock and am going to order it. Since I posted this cook I have had a Picanha that I turned into steaks and a Flat Iron steak that I turned into Carne Asada. The Pluma comes in a two pack so I am planning (depending on size) to do one salt pepper only and the other turn into grilled hot and fast al pastor taco meat!!!

It is funny that this thread resurfaced as I am getting ready to place a wild fork order tomorrow and I was just notified that the Pluma is back in stock and am going to order it. Since I posted this cook I have had a Picanha that I turned into steaks and a Flat Iron steak that I turned into Carne Asada. The Pluma comes in a two pack so I am planning (depending on size) to do one salt pepper only and the other turn into grilled hot and fast al pastor taco meat!!!
If you haven’t been, you need to visit Mexico. Or Los Angeles, San Diego or California in general for some amazing Mexican foods. Clearly you like that flavor profile.

If you haven’t been, you need to visit Mexico. Or Los Angeles, San Diego or California in general for some amazing Mexican foods. Clearly you like that flavor profile.

I have got to spend time in Arizona, multiple of the boarder towns between Arizona and Mexico with my aunt who is a Mexican-American. My love for Mexican food comes from my visits in my teens and early 20 with her and the food her and my uncle would create when they visit us.

I am also lucky to live in an area with a large Latinx population with local stores and restaurants that are truly authentic. But I would love to get out to Cali to sample some of the local Mexican food and some of the cooking from you other members here!

I have got to spend time in Arizona, multiple of the boarder towns between Arizona and Mexico with my aunt who is a Mexican-American. My love for Mexican food comes from my visits in my teens and early 20 with her and the food her and my uncle would create when they visit us.

I am also lucky to live in an area with a large Latinx population with local stores and restaurants that are truly authentic. But I would love to get out to Cali to sample some of the local Mexican food and some of the cooking from you other members here!
Just say when. My restaurant is open. @DanHoo has first invite.

Grilled the Pluma tonight.

This is after I removed the silver skin.
IMG_20230320_174157.jpg

Grilled with some other good stuff.
IMG_20230320_180108.jpg
IMG_20230320_180111.jpg

Done.
IMG_20230320_180617.jpg
IMG_20230320_180620.jpg
And first cut.
IMG_20230320_181128.jpg

That is where I fell off the photo-wagon. My daughter came in a starting eating slices right from the cutting board with me and the camera never took another photo...sorry.

This was very good, but surprisingly, both my daughter and I liked the Secreto better. I still have a larger piece of Pluma in the freezer and will turn it into tacos when other family is around, but I will purchase the Secreto over the Pluma the next time I place a Wild Fork order.

Back