I think I did it again

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
In the more then kind comments to my last post some people notices how I used all the real estate the kettle gave me. I think I did it again tonight. MIL come over so I made a nice big meal grilling up meats and veggies. Second time I ever cooked lamb, first time I ever cooking lamp chops and first time I have ever cooked zucchini. MIL, youngest daughter and I loved the lamb chops. Everyone, expect my picky eater son, loved the zucchini. My 14 year old is becoming the rice cooker so she made a double batch of Yusuf's Turkish rice recipe inside the house.
20200714_164524.jpg20200714_165638.jpg20200714_170254.jpg

Looks outstanding, Michael. You nailed it. I would eat all of that zucchini. Hope your MIL liked it, too. The rice looks great!

All around great looking meal. I love the color on everything, makes for a beautiful, and i’m sure,tasty meal

Looks great, love Zucchini on the grill, little salt pepper and avocado oil boom!!

Looks great, love Zucchini on the grill, little salt pepper and avocado oil boom!!
I didn't get any pictures, but last night I grilled some sugar snap peas, I put some melted butter, salt and pepper on before then went into the grill basket. I put the grill basket on the kettle to get hot before I put the sugar snap peas in. I added a little course sea salt when they come off. I think that was the best veggie I have cooked on the grill yet. I think letting them sit in the butter before I put them in the grill pan keep the butter from just running down the grill, the butter around the veggies got a little frothy. The sweet from the peas, the richness of the butter, char from the coal, and the touch of salt at the end created a great balance of flavor. I I have been grilling meats for years, but I can not believe how much I love to cook and EAT grilled veggies this summer.

Looks great. Start keeping an eye out for that 26er you're going to need it;)
I have started the search due to your wise advice, I think that it is going to be a slow process to find one, so I will keep looking for the right deal. I just felt like I have myself set with the WSM 14 and the 22 Master Touch when this site moves me to look for a 18 WSM and 26 Kettle. Once I get the two larger Webers I will be cooking for my family and then the kids will move out and I will have too much grilling space and then need to downsize to the WSM 14 and the 22 Kettle again, but that is the flow of life huh!

I just felt like I have myself set with the WSM 14 and the 22 Master Touch when this site moves me to look for a 18 WSM and 26 Kettle.

I know what you mean! I wasn't able to convince my wife to get the 18" WSM the first time around, but was able to talk her into the 14.5". Even then she was leery of the purchase, wondering if I was going to use it. After smoking wings and ribs a few times for just us (because of lack of room) she's greenlit an 18" WSM for my birthday in October or Christmas.

My hand me down charcoal grill has served me well for about 5 years, but the legs are starting to rust out and the lid has seen high heat a few too many times... Definitely considering a Performer for the next one.

I have started the search due to your wise advice, I think that it is going to be a slow process to find one, so I will keep looking for the right deal. I just felt like I have myself set with the WSM 14 and the 22 Master Touch when this site moves me to look for a 18 WSM and 26 Kettle. Once I get the two larger Webers I will be cooking for my family and then the kids will move out and I will have too much grilling space and then need to downsize to the WSM 14 and the 22 Kettle again, but that is the flow of life huh!

Well Michael look at us we have three kids all living in California and the youngest is 42, so it's just Barb and I. As of a month ago we had nine Weber's and a Camp Chef pellet grill. We are now down to seven and will be going down to four soon. Weberitis is a strange thing It's only cure is common sense and being practical which for me is hard to get enough of, but finally I had to say enough.
It was fun but I'd rather be able to cook well on four grills then just okay on ten. Especially when five of them I can't use in the summer because their charcoal.
With a growing family and after seeing the load that 22 had twice I think you would be wise to pick up a 26 if you can.
Another option would be find a decent used 22 for overflow if you need it.

Well Michael look at us we have three kids all living in California and the youngest is 42, so it's just Barb and I. As of a month ago we had nine Weber's and a Camp Chef pellet grill. We are now down to seven and will be going down to four soon. Weberitis is a strange thing It's only cure is common sense and being practical which for me is hard to get enough of, but finally I had to say enough.
It was fun but I'd rather be able to cook well on four grills then just okay on ten. Especially when five of them I can't use in the summer because their charcoal.
With a growing family and after seeing the load that 22 had twice I think you would be wise to pick up a 26 if you can.
Another option would be find a decent used 22 for overflow if you need it.
A 26” would be nice but you can grab another 22 for cheap. Maybe not a master touch, just one for overflow. Or you can be like me and get a Q-300 for your veggies, nothing cooks them better!!

Last edited:
I love grilling lamb. Everything looks great! I like Bruno’s idea of getting a gasser. Having a gasser available not only adds cooking capacity, but versatility as well. I love it more than I thought I would. It’s great for quick weekday cooks.

Super looking burgers Jim. I spent a few hours today making burger buns. Going to give them a test run tonight. I like your choice of adding the sesame seeds. I would have gone that route, but sadly we're all out. :(

I didn't get any pictures, but last night I grilled some sugar snap peas, I put some melted butter, salt and pepper on before then went into the grill basket. I put the grill basket on the kettle to get hot before I put the sugar snap peas in. I added a little course sea salt when they come off. I think that was the best veggie I have cooked on the grill yet. I think letting them sit in the butter before I put them in the grill pan keep the butter from just running down the grill, the butter around the veggies got a little frothy. The sweet from the peas, the richness of the butter, char from the coal, and the touch of salt at the end created a great balance of flavor. I I have been grilling meats for years, but I can not believe how much I love to cook and EAT grilled veggies this summer.

Michael, I love sugar snap peas and have grilled a lot of veggies, but not them. I will definitely be trying this. Thanks for posting! 😀

Back