I cannot tell a lie........

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
It's 5° here and snowing, on top of the 3" that's been hanging around for a week. Wind is 14 MPH.
I'm not proud, but I air fried two baking potatoes and two filet mignons for V-Day dinner.
The potatoes were great and the steaks not too shabby.
They say we're getting another 6 to 8 inches between tonight and tomorrow. Single digit night temps for a few days. It'll be awhile before I clear off a grill.

The high today here was something like -5 F. Fortunately, at these temps, not much snow is generally falling. Predicted low tonight is -25 F.

I still have 2-3" of hard crusty ice left from a few inches of sludge at right around the freezing point on the patio, from a month ago. Not sure when I'm gonna get out to fire up the grill again.

Ya'll stay warm & dry now, ya hear?

You're an excellent cook, so you can make great food with whatever you use. Happy V-Day to you and yours and stay safe and cozy this week.

I did somewhat the same.. Crashed potatoes in the air fryer, drunken pinto beans in the insta pot, pork chops in the convection oven.
I did some bacon Saturday on the performer and it wasn't too bad, but yesterday the wind chills where brutal.

Yeah brutal is not the word for what has been happening. Weather gods indicate no sign of a letup any time soon either. This may be the year that finally breaks me of midwest living. I swear it's like living in that NGeo series "Life Below 0". Seriously thinking of a for sale sign in the front yard and pointing the cars southwest to better climes.

Back