Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
First, start with 1# chopped bacon.

1642036954604.jpeg

Then add a chopped onion

1642037376830.jpeg

Smash and chop some garlic

1642037616903.jpeg

Put that pot on a medium high burner and cook that bacon!

1642037732963.jpeg

This ought to help you figure this out

1642038122998.jpeg

This’ll probably give it away

1642038441602.jpeg

Now simmer for 3-4 hours till the beans are tender

1642038973852.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't see the brown sugar at first, that's why I said soup. lol

I grew up with my mom making baked beans all the time. She never bought any. So, of course, I always have made my own. So good luck with yours, enjoy, and have a real good time. ;)

Go Niners!!
Birthday weekend, doing a couple pork butts Friday night, got a couple very different rub ideas going. It will be 49er themed!!
Cook looks amazing as always, you got skills and like all the great cooks on here you put in the extra effort to turn out the good stuff.

Go Niners!!
Birthday weekend, doing a couple pork butts Friday night, got a couple very different rub ideas going. It will be 49er themed!!
Cook looks amazing as always, you got skills and like all the great cooks on here you put in the extra effort to turn out the good stuff.
Wishing you and incredible birthday filled with family, love, good eating and a Niners win.

You’re too kind and your words are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

And done. Letting them cool before fridging them. Taste in on point. Even tossed in a sprinkling of my Magic Dust rub from those ribs two weeks ago.

The beans will pick up the paprika red as they cool and set. And that bacon. Oh boy it’s good. Chefs choice. I stole a sample.

1642045141489.jpeg

Haha, It is Joan, I know you’ve always wished a bunch of birthdays. I’ll be 48 tomorrow, A kid at heart. My wife asked when I was going to grow up, I shrugged and said honey this could be it.
I’m a few weeks and a few years right behind you (actually ahead as in older). With the extra week of NFL, I get my bday back from the Super Bowl. I hated having my bday at or directly on Super Bowl weekend. Now they ruin Valentines weekend 🤣🤣🤣 which we call amateurs date night out.

Back