Hwy Rescue- have a couple ?’s

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Coming back from river yesterday and what do I find? An incredible roadside score!
She’s a natural gasser and in great condition.
If anyone can help determine model/age that would be great.
Also interested in converting to LP if possible and not too difficult! Any tips let me know!
Thanks!
I haven’t even cleaned her yet other than a burn off (I have a NG Genesis Gold B).

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpeg
    IMG_2574.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 57
Control panel has 8006 on it so it is a 1000.

LP conversion needs an LP manifold, a plate that a tank hanger (scale) bolts to, a tank hanger and an LPG hose with a regulator.

Here is a pic of the mounting plate on a Genesis 1000 with a tank hanger from a Silver B.

20230806_130651.jpg

Probably a later 90's Genesis 1000. If you look under the control panel or possible on the left edge of the control panel between the control panel and handle, you will likely find the data sticker. If the printing is not worn off, then you can get the exact year of manufacture using the first two letters of the Serial number. There will be other specs of the grill on there as well.

That is a beauty, I really like the shade of red on the lid. The only year I can tell it's not is 1997, the control panel was held on with plastic push pins that year and that grill has the regular inserts for the screws.

Thanks.

LP conversion needs an LP manifold, a plate that a tank hanger (scale) bolts to, a tank hanger and an LPG hose with a regulator.

Here is a pic of the mounting plate on a Genesis 1000 with a tank hanger from a Silver B.

View attachment 76309
Thanks. So no need to change out each orifice?

View attachment 76309

Probably a later 90's Genesis 1000. If you look under the control panel or possible on the left edge of the control panel between the control panel and handle, you will likely find the data sticker. If the printing is not worn off, then you can get the exact year of manufacture using the first two letters of the Serial number. There will be other specs of the grill on there as well.
Serial number is totally worn off…

Thanks. So no need to change out each orifice?
Changing the orifices doesn't seem to work out to well on these. The best way to do it is to find a similar grill in propane to swap the necessary parts. You can then re-home the natural gas grill to someone that wants natural gas.

Back