Htanch SG646 Stainless Steel Replacement Grates for Weber Q300 & Q3000 Series

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087NK2W9P/?tag=TVWB-20

Just ordered a set of these for my Q320. Hard to pass up the $45.99 price point. That's basically the same price you can buy the cast iron ones for.
It's clearly a knock-off product of the Stanbroil SS grates, but these actually weigh in at 10.93 lbs versus the 9.28 lbs Stanbroil.

They are supposed to be delivered on Friday. I'll be sure to post some pictures once I get them installed.

I don't grill on gas very often these days, but when it's raining outside, it's much easier to fire the Q320 up than it is to get the charcoal going on the Performer. I've got the Hunsaker griddle on one of my Performers that usually pulls the vegetable cooking duty, so I'm not worried so much about things falling through these grates. I'll use the Q mostly for chicken breasts, burgers and brats.

Bold move with no reviews. Keep us updated.
The Q-320 is my veggie machine, I love the grates, I have a couple new ones in the garage but the latest one I’m on has seasoned amazingly. It’s held for 2 years and looks flawless.

Bold move with no reviews. Keep us updated.
The Q-320 is my veggie machine, I love the grates, I have a couple new ones in the garage but the latest one I’m on has seasoned amazingly. It’s held for 2 years and looks flawless.
Usually I'm not a trailblazer, but this is not a lot of money. I'll be happy to be the first to review it. The Q320 I picked up a few months ago has some pretty rusty grates that need replacing, so I figured I'd gamble on these. I've always had Qs with the cast iron grates, will be nice to not have to worry about keeping them oiled.

Usually I'm not a trailblazer, but this is not a lot of money. I'll be happy to be the first to review it. The Q320 I picked up a few months ago has some pretty rusty grates that need replacing, so I figured I'd gamble on these. I've always had Qs with the cast iron grates, will be nice to not have to worry about keeping them oiled.
I like it, looking forward to reviews.

They were delivered a day early. Haven’t got them on the grill yet, but first impression is they seem to be made out of pretty think SS rods. One of the pictures is the rods next to a BIC pen, you can see it's about the same size.
I used a big magnet on them and they don’t seem to be magnetic at all.
The cleanliness of the build quality isn’t super impressive, some scuffs here and there, but nothing that makes me want to return them.
Pretty happy so far. For the money they seem great. Will update in a day or so after I cook on them.

More pictures on the grill. They seem a tab bit undersized. The cast iron grates fit very snug in the base, these leave a little wiggle room. Also, the top, middle and bottom ends don’t lineup 100% where the left side meets with right.
Still think these are a winner for the price point.

86C6B3FC-51C0-4BDD-88E0-7B27B543CC4D.jpeg4DEF2E91-0018-45E6-B2B3-D62DF322FCBF.jpeg47D2ECE1-5E68-4970-B9DA-0EF6062FB147.jpeg8ED7C2FA-0467-4190-ABF7-D7A0A0B3D803.jpeg4EF5FA66-1E08-4DB8-9B54-DF164CCF2DCC.jpeg

New SS burners. New SS grates. Aluminum lid and cook box. Plastic stand. There isn't much on that grill that Mother Nature will be able to do much damage to for a long time.

Bruno. Great catch there. You are totally correct. That is a deal breaker IMO. I imagine that center burner will be clogged up within a half dozen cooks.

Kyle, can you confirm that?

No deal for me, the middle burner is fully exposed.
thank you very much for the pics and the updates!!!
Nice catch!

Wow, the grates I have don't match the ones advertised in the picture. Luckily I haven't put heat to them yet. Looks like I'll be returning them. Let's see what they say about the missing middle strip

I'll be sure to leave a low star review on Amazon....after I've dropped of my return at Kohl's, lol

Dang, was looking forward to using these. The SS bars seemed pretty legit. Really glad I posted here and had Bruno's eagle eye spot the defect

That design for a Q200/2000 could possibly work. I just wonder if the lack of a thick cast iron grate radiating heat will have a significant negative impact on performance. It seems like that effect is an important aspect of the Q design. I wonder that, too, about the “cast” stainless grate set I bought. I hope I get to find out one way or another- maybe when I go back to FL to get my grill stuff!

I know they made those kinds of grates for the Q electric grills, just without the drip guards. Also, kettle grills have the same type of grates and they seem to do fine.

I suspect you will see quicker heat up times when starting the grill, but I expect if you leave the lid open for any length of time, you will see a quicker drop in temp as well. But, then it should also recover quicker when you put the lid back down.

Definitely some bad advertising on that listing.

Looking back, it looks like they stole the pictures from the Stanbroil listing for the same grates.

That design for a Q200/2000 could possibly work. I just wonder if the lack of a thick cast iron grate radiating heat will have a significant negative impact on performance. It seems like that effect is an important aspect of the Q design. I wonder that, too, about the “cast” stainless grate set I bought. I hope I get to find out one way or another- maybe when I go back to FL to get my grill stuff!
With you Jon. I am sure the heavy grate is part of the design element of the gas versions of these grills. And actually, they have even gone to the heavy heat retentive/radiating style CI on the electric versions of the Q as well.

Back