How to store and reheat leftover ribs and pork butt?

MarcusWilliams

TVWBB Member
I am going to smoke 2 racks of ribs and a pork butt this weekend because why not cook them all at the same time when you fire up the smoker right? The problem is we can't eat them all in one sitting, so how do you keep the leftover ribs and pork butt, and how to reheat without ruining the meat? Any good ways to eat the leftover pork butt?

I will just share that when I pull a pork and end up with 10lbs of meat...I split them into 1LB ziplock bags and freeze them. To reheat...Throw a handful of the frozen in tomato sauce to make a kick butt bolognese sauce...with fresh grated parmigan reggiano, hot sauce, pepperonis, meatballs, basil etc

I also LOVE to throw a few servings of pulled pork in a saute pan, add white wine and cover it and heat it for a few minutes, uncover, add bbq sauce and head and stir until it starts to get dried out and tacky..throw that on anything and LOVE it.

For ribs that I know I am saving I don't sauce them. I put 1/2 racks in 1 gallon freezer bags and reheat them in the toaster oven wrapped in foil with bbq sauce on top of them...30 min at 250 or so and then come out fantastic.

Back