How to keep Stainless Steel looking new

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have a new Genesis 330-S and could not find any instructions on keeping the SS surfaces clean and looking like new. I googled and got a few ideas but was wondering if any members here have a tried and proven method.

Any good ideas for me?

Ray

I use a clean old cotton T-shirt with Soft Scrub to clean, than once clean, I use another clean cotton T-shirt with a little Baby Oil on it. You can rub with the grain and against the grain with the oil. The Baby Oil shines and protects the ss from moisture (Rust). I hope this helps, it works for me.

Ray a soft cloth and Bar Keepers Friend! Doesn't scratch like Soft Scrub and is easier to apply. Keeps SS looking good!

They do sell stainless cleaner sprays but I found some of them leave a greasy film behind that creates that clean look. I usually clean mine with a natural orange cleaner spray for dirt an oils with a old cotton towel and then spray with Zep stainless cleaner spray and it keeps it looking new. I use the same spray on my kitchen stove, fridge, microwave and dishwasher and it works good and not greasy feeling.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I can't stand the smell of WD-40 on my hands. Fine if I'm working in the garage or on the cars ( some orange goop will take care of that). But in the kitchen or on a grill?
Sorry no way!

Tim

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I can't stand the smell of WD-40 on my hands. Fine if I'm working in the garage or on the cars ( some orange goop will take care of that). But in the kitchen or on a grill?
Sorry no way!

Tim

On the grill maybe but like you I wouldn't spray it on my kitchen appliances. My wife would be less than thrilled with the smell...LOL

Anybody use bar keepers friend?

Several have already mentioned Bar Keeper's Friend in this thread.

I am trying to use up a spray can of a product called Sheila Shine. Can't remember where or when I bought it, I've had it a long time. It's got a strong petroleum smell and does a good job of cutting through the gunk, but leaves kind of an oily finish. I just wipe well with a soft cloth and it's OK.

Regards,
Chris

any over the counter stainless steel cleaner and polish will work. i've been using Weiman stainless steel cleaner spray. it works really well, and no oily finish left behind

Several have already mentioned Bar Keeper's Friend in this thread.

I am trying to use up a spray can of a product called Sheila Shine. Can't remember where or when I bought it, I've had it a long time. It's got a strong petroleum smell and does a good job of cutting through the gunk, but leaves kind of an oily finish. I just wipe well with a soft cloth and it's OK.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks - I am trying to stay away from any oily finish as we get a lot of pine pollen in the spring that would stick to the oily surface. So far I have just esed a microfiber cloth with a bit of water and it has done fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ray

Thanks - I am trying to stay away from any oily finish as we get a lot of pine pollen in the spring that would stick to the oily surface. So far I have just esed a microfiber cloth with a bit of water and it has done fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ray

keep doing what your doing when its really dirty, then follow up with the stainless cleaner and a clean microfiber towel. keeping a cover on it when not in use is the best way to keep it clean :cool:

This mornng I ordered the 3M steainless steel cleaner based on reviews by others on Amazon. Will let you know how it works later.

Ray

Back