How much meat

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am smoking, at my Son's request, butts, brisket and turkey (probably breast) for their rehearsal dinner... We will have baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw,etc to go along with the meat...

My question is this: how much pork, brisket and turkey do I do to feed 65 - 75 people...

My plans are to cook ahead of time (the dinner is May 10), freeze in food saver bags, and heat with boiling water the day of the dinner... I don't have my food saver yet, but will in the next couple weeks, so any suggestions in this area would be appreciated also...

As usual, thanks for all your help !!!
Gary in AR

I don?t know about the recommended yield but I have some experience with a food saver.

We got the Tilia FoodSaver Vac 750 from Sams and are happy with it. It is now about a year old. It works and works well. At times I think I would rather have one of the more fancy models.

We later purchased the square canister (for marinating smaller cuts of meat) and jar sealers (to preserve dry spices). We seem to use the accessory port a lot. On one hand it takes up a lot of cabinet space but on the other hand is able to use the 11? wide rolls. We use the rolls rather than the bags.

A piece of paper towel is required to stop the juice from flowing into the vacuum chamber when vacuuming moist meat. It would be nice to have more control over the vacuum process . With the model I have the only thing I can do is to hit the manual seal button if there is too much moisture. We use and re-use the bags.

I will save larger portions of the brisket I am cooking for meals and smaller portions to add to baked beans along with a bit of BBQ sauce and brown sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back