How many bullets needed

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My wife and I are starting our own BBQ team and are thinking of using the WSM, my question is how many well we need to cook the five categories at the contest. We will be cooking Tri-Tip, Chicken, Ribs,Pork Butt and Brisket. What meats would we cook togeather /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Thanks for the help Konrad, I guess I would put the brisket and butts in one,ribs and tri-tip in the second one, and chicken in the third one, using the kettle to finish things off. The reason I ask is I have been using a small Traeger and things are a little different with a WSM.
Thanks again for the help.
Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
[qb] Three WSM's and a one touch 22.5" weber Kettle is an ideal setup in my experience. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now keep in mind Konrad worked for Microsoft for a while and can afford that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif That would be a very nice setup, but I think it could be done on two WSMs in a pinch and grill for chicken would be nice. It all depends on how much you actually want to cook, and what you want to spend.

Surely you have at least one WSM already to have the interest and everyone has at least one grill. I would get a second WSM before anything else, unless you want something more like.....
wholehog1_small.jpg

Still loving my WSM and my H&S Smoker.

Rich

For the last 5 years I have used 2 WSM's and a 22" kettle grill. We do 6 racks of ribs on 1 WSM, pork butt and brisket on the other one(you can do 2 butts and 2 flats) and our chicken on the grill.

The grill comes in handy for making other dishes as well...like dinner the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back