How cold is it?

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
It's so cold that, like these chicken thighs, I can't feel my toes anymore.
1888528_10201407457860674_714184453_n.jpg

Ba Ha Ha
No, seriously it's 20 outside, but as the Weather Channel put's it, the feels like temp is 12 with about a foot of packed snow sitting on the side of the drive.
How cold is it where your standing in front of you'r grill?

Not cooking out tonight, because it is once again snowing in New England (3rd time in last 10 days - about 24 in on the ground) and the grill is not cleared out. Earlier last week I did cook out when it was about 10 deg. Just a note about wind chill. With an air temp of, say 34 deg, and a wind of 20 mph, the wind chill is 23 deg but exposed liquid water would not freeze. It would cool to 34 deg more quickly than if the wind wasn't blowing, but it can't cool to a temp lower than the air temp. 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Looks good Mark..20 temp. Feels like 15 with windchill when I was by the Performer. Over 2 1/2' on the ground

(3rd time in last 10 days - about 24 in on the ground)
You guys got hammered the past few days. I'll give you a hall pass for not cooking on the grill. You have enough to do just getting the drive done.

To the rest of us with temps below 30, I'm not sure if we should be praised or committed.
The chicken was great, the mushrooms were over the top, but the beans were just OK. I used a different kind of beans as a starter (saved eight cents) not smart. Back to the cheep store brand for now on.

78 here yesterday
But you guys had some cold weather down there, and I'm not just talking about for you. I don't remember Texas getting cold like it has been.

Its 17F, its snowing again, and there is about 24" of snow on the ground. And i am supposed to be in Florida.

We are going through a warm spell. Last night at dinner it was only -15c or 5f with no wind chill and we only have 31/2 feet of snow in the yard.

You know now that my toes are warmed back up and last nights dinner was a success the cold just doesn't matter as much.

Actually it's cold for us too, we been having to sleep with a cover, going through the rainy season and have seen the sun three days since Christmas, they don't measure it here, but I think we gotten a couple of or three yards of rain, during these times the temp will drop to a bone chilling 72°, but the sun is shining today so we might make it back to our normal 81°.

Those are some nice looking thighs you grilled up there, Mark.

Karl

I feel kind of guilty, as it was in the mid 70s today and yesterday. We grilled some pork chops after messing around in the yard and getting ready for spring vegetable planting. It's not like we don't think of those in colder climates, though. My husband is from Marion, MA, a small town near the edge of the Cape and everytime he sees the weather, he smiles and says, "Thank God I'm no longer there!"

He hates the cold -- for us, it's been a lot colder than a normal winter -- and I hate the blistering heat and humidity of summer. Which is the reason I hate to see the cold weather end. Our "spring" usually lasts about 15 minutes so once winter ends, it's freaking summer right away. The nice thing about our climate is that we can grill and smoke all year without the huge effort some of you have to make. Love the pics of y'all digging out your rigs from several feet of snow, though...

I am not going to say how cold as it might stay around some more but it is warmer today 30's now and a rain snow mix coming tonight I am so ready for spring and good BBQ weather, I am going buy up Walmart's Memorial Day Charcoal sale this year as I am down to 35 - 45 lbs. Well it will be just a couple months till I am *****ing about how hot it is....

Actually it's cold for us too, we been having to sleep with a cover, going through the rainy season and have seen the sun three days since Christmas, they don't measure it here, but I think we gotten a couple of or three yards of rain, during these times the temp will drop to a bone chilling 72°, but the sun is shining today so we might make it back to our normal 81°.

Karl

Dang, Karl, that was just wrong, lol

I remember when I used to take business trips to Singapore. Weather was constant - always a high of mid 90's and lows around 72 degrees. After a week or so, it was boring.

Ray

Just looked at the long term forecast for Y-Town, and tonight's low is going to be above freezing!! THE LOW IS GOING TO BE ABOVE FREEZING! I almost had to wipe a tear from my eye.
This Saturday they are calling for a high of 44!! I can almost guarantee everyone on this sight that there will be smoke coming out of my grills.
Not sure what I'm going to make, but I'm making something.

Back