Honey shrimp

Cee El

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all,

So a couple days ago, I saw extra large frozen shrimp in a local store. I didn't buy them. The next day, my wife is going on about how she couldn't watch a tv show contestant "head" shrimp because she thought it was disgusting. Okay. Later, while looking for something else to throw on the Performer besides burgers and dogs, I saw whole shrimp, head, whiskers, and all. Hmm. I bought some. After a short search on YouTube, I went to work. And she was right, it was disgusting, but not difficult. I found this simple recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/honey-grilled-shrimp.

Here they are after all the work and an overnight marinade.

I kept looking for that "Red Lobster-commercial " look to know when they were done.
Overall, I liked the flavor, but not the texture. I was never a huge seafood fan, anyway, but I'd never done shrimp on the grill and now I have😎

Take care

Fresh shrimp only take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on each side to grill up over a nice hot fire, You'll know when to turn when they start changing color & when there done they should be firm & sweet tasting.
Nice cook by the way Cee.

Last edited:
Perfectly cooked shrimp - C shape.
Overcooked shrimp - O shape (tail curled all the way touching the head).

Looks great! What kind of texture? If they were rubbery, then you know they were on a little long so you can adjust for the next time.

I'll take a couple of those skewers! Shrimp is finicky, doesn't take long at all to cook and the carryover cooking can make it go rubbery quick.

Cee, those shrimps looks delicious. I haven't done any yet but may give them a try real soon. In the mean time you can send a skewer or two this way.

Thanks everyone! Honestly, next time I'd probably add a little salt and have a hotter fire. The shrimp were the last thing on, and there was prep time spent skewering, so I figured they were done 4 minutes aside--3 on each side to cook and another minute per side to set the reserved marinade. I was probably at 300-325 degrees. Live and learn. It was still a fun cook!

Take care

Back