home depot sale - $75 performer, $20 one touch sliver

jeff davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
apologies if someone has posted, at hd yesterday, they had a stack of one touch silver's for $20 and performers for $75. Unfortunately, the wsm was not on sale.

That pricing is so outrageous I'm almost thinking someone made a mistake with the signage?

no mistake, I was looking at them and a sales person came by trying to get me to buy them. she said weber was releasing new models, hence the mark down. if you poke around here a bit, you'll find a thread that talked about hd selling WSM's for $40-$60. I bought two (gave them both away to friends).

I'll pay you $100 for the performer and I'll send UPS to your house or work to pick it up!

Not happening in AZ yet.
22"OTS is still $99. Performers are discounted $20, though. Clerk said they have a store-wide "product reset" next week, I will check again then.

I called 3 local home depots in North Dallas. They did not have any weber deal. Its probably for the best. I think I may be sleeping on the couch if I brought home another grill.

I checked with Home Depot up here, and they've just stopped carrying the discontinued models.

ETA: I just realized my profile is incomplete. "up here" would be in the cities south of Minneapolis.

Have ave a sales associate look up the SKU. The employees may not have put the sales prices up. The Performer Golds at my local HD were marked down to $239 but were $75.03 when the SKU was scanned.

I work for a HD. Performers 75.03 which means in 3 weeks they will be a penny and taken off shelf. Qs are also down to like $50. Charbroil classic 4 burners are also down to $50. We've sold through all our stock already. Happy hunting!

Jim,
What area are you in? Also, is there anything to prevent the employees from taking advantage of great deals like these? (I may have to get a part time job at Home Depot).

Thanks to the O.P., I stopped by Home Depot to see if they had any good deals on Webers. They had one Performer in stock - the floor model and it had no price on it. I asked, and they couldn't find anything on it except the original price but it was marked "Discontinued" on the web site. We caught up with the Dept. Manager and while she was extremely helpful, she had no information on a mark down. Then, we went to the store manager. Apparently, he had been given a $75.00 price. However, when I asked about the cover and charcoal baskets, they were long gone (if they were ever there - the specs don't mention them).

As a result, he offered the new Performer (with some minor scuffs from being on the floor) to me for $50.00. Duh-h-h, I took it home!

Quick question? Since I want to buy a cover, who makes a better cover than Weber? Or, is the Weber cover the best out there? I cannot complain in ANY way, obviously, but the thought of paying as much for the cover as the grill kind of hurts this ol' tightwad:rolleyes:.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:
Nice score Robert!
My Performer is a used CL buy, and I did buy a Weber cover for it, but......
it's a very snug fit, and for me a real pain, so I seldom put it on since I use the grill so often.
I just throw it over the kettle part if rain/snow is in the forecast to keep water out of the ash pan.

Maybe a cheapo gas grill cover would work better, measure first of course.

I work in Massachusetts. Employees can't buy clearance items until it has been on the floor for 24 hours with its new price.

I work in Massachusetts. Employees can't buy clearance items until it has been on the floor for 24 hours with its new price.

That explains a lot. I walked out with one and the employees at check out were looking at me like i was carrying filet mignon through a kennel :p

The store near me only had new full priced models, I had a cashier scan the box, regular price. They started discounting the closeouts in November, and they are all gone.

Back