Hoarders At It Again

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hoarders at Sam's Club must be alive and well and unchecked. Just left there, meat and fish dept just about stripped of everything, no paper towels, no toilet paper. Don't know why Sam's can't get their act together on limiting people and getting enough stock ordered. Costco seems able to do this.

Hoarders at Sam's Club must be alive and well and unchecked. Just left there, meat and fish dept just about stripped of everything, no paper towels, no toilet paper. Don't know why Sam's can't get their act together on limiting people and getting enough stock ordered. Costco seems able to do this.

That's weird. We placed an online order yesterday and picked it up today, no problems.
Could be you area was hit hard with those storms, and peeps are just panicking.

Tim

That is strange. Nothing happening here like that. I know even in good times, the Sam's meat department would be pretty picked over sometimes by the end of the week, but not Tuesday. I really wish we had a Costco.

That's weird. We placed an online order yesterday and picked it up today, no problems.

Tim
No they've been like this for the last 4 to 6 weeks. Very disappointed. What is the point of having Plus membership? Can't even get things we need. There are really only 2 things or so from Sam's I either cannot get at Costco or are better than Costco. Costco's eggs are always stale. Whether I buy the premium organic, the free range or regular ones. Never fresh. Sam's really never an issue. I like the Sam's Probiotic capsules, and their Krill Oil capsules. And I like their Member's Mark Toilet Paper better than anything else we've ever bought.
Anything else, really I don't think I really need them any more.

Walmart and Sam's have had a particularly difficult time staying stocked throughout this whole pandemic. One of the ways they make more money is by using advanced shopping metrics to ONLY have enough stock at the store and even in parts of their distribution chain that they need based on shopping habits for particular areas. While this saves them money by not holding onto overhead supply, it's a crappy model for a pandemic when people's buying habits have completely gone astray of the normal metrics.

I have shopped for groceries at every store here in OKC since the beginning of this pandemic and I can tell you they are most definitely the least prepared to handle this type of event.

I've had very little trouble finding what I needed at the Sams I go to in Moore. And Mrs Dollar and I were talking the other day, about how Sams and the Walmart neighborhood markets have gotten most of our business during the pandemic, when they did not before. We went to Crest almost exclusively.

Was at Sams early this week, plenty of meats, prime brisket for $2.50 a pound, found everything we needed. Meat dept was as well stocked as its been .

Man that's odd- Costco by me had issues for a while then they put a stop to it with limits but the limits are gone and there seems to be no supply holes that I've seen...

Costco has been fine all along. Sam's is the issue along with our Walmart stores. Maybe it's just a Rockford thing. Prices are fine. They're not gouging but hell maybe they should?

I think it's a Bentonville, AR thing. Mike is right, They weren't prepared. And over five months in, they have not adapted.

Our Sam's paper inventory is almost back to normal. I even found USA prime sirloin steaks for 6.98 per pound! Haven't seen them in a while.

Like I indicated the prices are not the issue. They're very fair. Though oddly enough I went yesterday to pick up some dessert treats for our church study group and voila some paper products. So I got my one package of toilet paper (self imposed limit) I don't want to ever be seen as a hoarder. Also the proteins were somewhat refreshed. Not a generous supply but certainly better. I will lay odds if I went in today though they would be cleaned out

I've read that Dr. Pepper is in short supply in some areas as well, but this morning my store had plenty of regular, diet, cherry, and cream soda. Haven't seen Dr. Pepper Ten for awhile, though.

Tim
A few things like Cascade dishwashing liquid and dried pasta got delivered to our doorstep today for free.
Both were out of stock after we placed the order..

Tim

Last edited:

Back