Hmmm, Rare brisket, but more common deserts........

David

TVWBB Pro
Haven't posted as much the last month or so, being gone for a trip, catching up on chore's etc, but had family over for dinner and smoked a brisket, which I don't do very often, but with a small crowd, figured it was worthwhile. So I put on a 7.5 pound flat down for a low and slow for about 6 hours. Took a few pictures while cooking but did not get any plated pics or sides as the hungry crowd wanted to eat and not take pic's........anyway, here's a few pic's on the grill and then the raspberry sorbet and grasshopper pie (which I managed to get a shot before it was all gone), some had one, some (won't say who:cool:) had both..............d

brisket001_zps301796bf.jpg
[/IMG]

brisket003_zps6599bcdd.jpg
[/IMG]

Raspberry sorbet, with chocolate chips added......almost overfilled it......well, I did overfill it. Of course, this got nowhere close to a grill, but good summer cold dish.

brisket002_zpsc4100d6b.jpg
[/IMG]

And then, one of my wife's favorite deserts, a Grasshopper Pie.......oh, so good.........Frozen or just in the fridge, another good cold summer desert,....I like it frozen.

brisket005_zpsa6d93a8d.jpg
[/IMG]

David would you care to share a liittle more information on this piece of heaven?
brisket005_zpsa6d93a8d.jpg

Will do

Melt 3.5 cups of marshmellows, mini's are easiest to measure and melt over med heat in about half a cup of milk or half and half.

Let cool for a 10 minutes or so and then add about 1 third cup creame de menthe and same of creme de cacao, quarter cup is ok, but I need more punch.

Whip 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream to a fairly stiff mix.

Pour and whip the marshmellow mix into the cream and put in fridge to chill.

For the pie crust use 30 oreo cookies, with cream centers, in a food processor with 4 tablespoon of soft butter. Also add 1/3 cup or so of choc. chips. Mix until is well blended and formed with butter. Put this into pie plate and push around the edges and bottom with your fingers, pressing down with light pressure to mold into place. Use fingers to form up around the top of the pie plate. Put into fridge for a couple of hours so that it sets. I usually make this first.

Pour the mix, cooling somewhat, not too much so that it sets up, on top of the crust.

I found that I prefer this from the freezer. I have also just put it into the fridge, so it is softer and creamy......but either way, good.

When serving I put a dab of whipped cream on top with some shaved chocolate, yea, I know, yet more chocolate.

Enjoy..........................d

Back