Hi. I LOVE getting free grills on CL

ABandler

Hi everyone. First post here! I discovered this forum a few years ago when I found an old red-top Genesis 2000 on my local Craigslist (Denver) and decided to pick it up. The grill was $40, and it came with 2 propane tanks, one of which was totally full. Following some inspiration on here, I cleaned it up, replaced the wood, and got new internals. It looks great! But the fun didn’t stop there. I’ve become slightly addicted to finding grills for free or dirt cheap, and after seeing a great post about making a grill cart out of a Weber frame (https://tvwbb.com/threads/reusing-an-old-weber-silver-b-for-a-cart.49932/), I’ve gone a little crazy with that as well, though none of mine are quite as beautifully finished as the one in the original post. I’ll share photos of some of the projects I’ve completed.

1. Genesis 2000 restoration
2. Basic outdoor grill cart
3. Miter saw table
4. Home brewery cart

Anyone have any other ideas for how to repurpose a grill frame?

Best,
Aaron
Arvada, CO

Attachments

• 790AD9E0-C278-4592-A230-A67FA699135B.jpeg
    790AD9E0-C278-4592-A230-A67FA699135B.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 9FC1829F-A529-44C8-8FE3-68BB04B4DDA3.jpeg
    9FC1829F-A529-44C8-8FE3-68BB04B4DDA3.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 37
  • F22BC467-A08A-4F47-9F75-C7B2EDA4A88F.jpeg
    F22BC467-A08A-4F47-9F75-C7B2EDA4A88F.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 43
Hi everyone. First post here! I discovered this forum a few years ago when I found an old red-top Genesis 2000 on my local Craigslist (Denver) and decided to pick it up. The grill was $40, and it came with 2 propane tanks, one of which was totally full. Following some inspiration on here, I cleaned it up, replaced the wood, and got new internals. It looks great! But the fun didn’t stop there. I’ve become slightly addicted to finding grills for free or dirt cheap, and after seeing a great post about making a grill cart out of a Weber frame (https://tvwbb.com/threads/reusing-an-old-weber-silver-b-for-a-cart.49932/), I’ve gone a little crazy with that as well, though none of mine are quite as beautifully finished as the one in the original post. I’ll share photos of some of the projects I’ve completed.

1. Genesis 2000 restoration
2. Basic outdoor grill cart
3. Miter saw table
4. Home brewery cart

Anyone have any other ideas for how to repurpose a grill frame?

Best,
Aaron
Arvada, CO
Nice work. But what happened to all those grills that where on the carts?

Aaron, glad you signed up and checked in! Love that redhead and your cart projects! If I get around to it, I'd like to have just a multipurpose storage cart for all my grilling gear, but I'm not the handiest guy in the world, so we'll see.

Thanks for sharing your projects, stick around!

R

Nice work. But what happened to all those grills that where on the carts?
I knew someone was gonna be worried about that! Most of them were scrappers that I got for free. Lots of missing parts and not worth the investment to refurbish. I only felt bad about one of them. I atoned by recently picking up another free one and giving it to my neighbor to grill on.

Back