Hi from central New Jersey

Jon Strong

Hi everyone - I'm coming here from Princeton Junction, NJ -- about 5 miles east of Princeton proper and the University. That also puts me about midway between NYC and Philly.

I've grilled various ways over the years. First on my father's hibachi (he loved those for some reason). Over numerous campfires. Then as a new homeowner I went through numerous "bargain" grills that all rusted out after 1 to 2 years. Then, about 16 years ago I picked up a "Jenn-Aire" grill from Lowes that was actually made by Nexgrill, and it was something of an oddity -- good quality stainless, innards that I could refurbish or replace -- and I kept that working well for 15 years, including putting in slightly modded orifices to get about 600F at the grate. This time though, it looked like I'd be spending several hundred dollars in parts to rebuild it, so I decided it was time to finally let it go -- and after reading many dozens of articles, reviews and forums, I finally came over to Weber.

I decided on a Genesis II E-315, and turned down Home Depot's offer for free assembly, instead having it delivered in a closed box. I did this for a few reasons (more on this another time!), but among them I wanted to get familiar with the innards and figured that putting it together would be the best start. So - that was my midday project. I'll fire it up tomorrow for its maiden voyage.

grill.jpg

Looks like a great group here. Looking forward to meeting you.

- Jon

my neighbor's name is also Jon... and for 66 years old, i'd say he's strong too.

but he uses lighter fluid on his charcoal.

and you have a gas grill.

Welcome to the forum, Jon.

Back