Hello from the Florida Panhandle!

Dan C. FL

TVWBB Pro
Good Afternoon, All!

I grew up in a household that has had a Weber Kettle for as long as I can remember, and I know that there was one in the house long before I was. When I moved back to Florida in 2004, my first purchase was my 18.5" kettle. When my wife learned that I could do things like decent ribs, she started wanting more ribs. So, of course, I had to add a bigger kettle to the collection. I now have two kettles an 18.5" and a 22". My first foray into using smoke a few years ago was disastrous. The wife hated it. But recently, I've been playing around with it a little more and as I've learned more, she's liked more. This weekend I smoked some chicken wings and a whole chicken over maple and she really liked those. So, anyways, I stumbled across this forum looking for more information on smoking tools and techniques. From what I've seen so far, there is a dearth of information here and lots of great sharing. Looking forward to being a part of the group and learning and getting better.

Dan
:blackkettle::blackkettle:

Welcome Dan. It's amazing what you can grill or smoke with those Kettles of yours. Keep discovering and share with us.

Welcome Dan. It's amazing what you can grill or smoke with those Kettles of yours. Keep discovering and share with us.

Thanks Tim!! I'm looking at investing in an 18" WSM for the collection. I do some bigger cuts of meat that deserve a little better (and easier) slow and low cookin'. Also, the wife loves brisket, so I'm hoping to tap some knowledge around here and make her happy. :)

Back