Hello from SW Ohio

Glad to find this forum, and maybe I should have found it sooner lol. After owning my beautiful red head for probably 20+ years, this father's day granted me the privilege of purchasing a new member to the family.
But now I wonder if I should have, for the third time, restore the red head.
Oh well, after the boss told me the NY strip from the new grill was possibly the best home cooked steak she had ever had, Weber for the win!
BTW way, if anyone can help me identify the red head, I would appreciate it. The serial number tag is completely faded. Red Grill.jpgNew grill.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks BF! It is the Costco s-345. The first test went wonderfully. Looking forward to many more great experiences, as well as experimenting with the iGrill 3.

Welcome. Your older Weber is a Genesis 1000. I restored one just like it earlier this year.
94D23109-1304-4FAE-A963-8C98789D5DE5.jpeg
FB3099FE-98DA-416C-B3C7-0D2FA926C731.jpeg
It had the wire rack on the bottom and the simple shelf support side table like yours. I upgraded it to a wood rack bottom, the slide lock side table and some black knobs.

You should restore your old redhead!

That is what I am considering doing. I was just curious what I was working with. Thanks for your reply. Any idea what the age of this beautiful beast may be?

Last edited:

Back