Hello from NJ

CharlieO

TVWBB Member
Hello folks,
Charlie here. New to the forum but no stranger to Weber grills. On my second Summit which is a E-470 NG. My first Summit Silver was a hand me down from a friend and rotted away. Also have a black Smokey Joe and a Red Limited edition which has been my go to since I got it in 2019. Before anyone asks, I have very little to complain about with the red kettle. There are a couple of spots that are thin or missing porcelain but very few and very small. I guess I may be one of the lucky ones. I was late to the game when I bought it so maybe quality control had picked up their game by then?

I also recently picked up a used performer (AA) for $75 and plan on mounting the red kettle in it. Not an original idea I know but I love the red kettle and when I bought it was debating on buying a Performer but wanted the Red kettle more. So now I will have both.

Anyway, the Performer came with a ripped cover (new one on the way), two charcoal baskets, two full bottles of propane and two bags of charcoal. Overall the Performer is in decent shape but I already ordered a new table top to replace the plastic. I was going to replace the burner but the ignition works without a hitch!
I already have the unkownbbq hinge here and the unknownbbq mounting brackets on the way. Other bits on order like the SNS slow n sear Deluxe, the SNS Plancha, two probe adapters, the BBQ guru DynaQ temp control and last but not least the Mallory cast iron grate (back ordered until August).

It’s a fun little project I can’t wait to get going and cooking on!

Well I am glad I found this site! Lots of useful information to be found here!

Charlie
6D0D6936-B8C6-48D6-B108-1E8F595F99B5.jpeg

Oops. I forgot about my still new in sealed box from 2016 Weber Q 1000. It was a 10 year anniversary gift from a corporation I had worked for. It’s been sitting in the attic untouched for ages now.

Thanks guys!

Joe, I never find deals here in Jersey. I must be looking in the wrong places or at the wrong times.

Richard, my cooks are not going to wow anyone lol. Think of the old rubber chicken… Still, I am better than the Mrs! She cooked (err overcooked) a chicken on our Summit that was so dry the bones crumbled when she tried to cut into it.

Carlie, they don’t have to wow us. We are here to help you make them better. Ask lots of questions. Things will improve. Your wife can ask too.

Back