Hello from CT and New England

DanJ CT

TVWBB Member
Hello all!! I’ve been snooping here for a while, made it official last week. Anyway, I live in the hills of CT. I’ve been using Kettle’s for years, and a lot of smoking on my PK original. Decided it was time to go bigger, so I stepped into a 22 this weekend. I’m looking forward to learning all the tricks and methods of this big beast.

Welcome,
I am almost positive I have ready been introducing to you amazing grills, the green kettle is a beauty. It's nice to meet you!

Hello all!! I’ve been snooping here for a while, made it official last week. Anyway, I live in the hills of CT. I’ve been using Kettle’s for years, and a lot of smoking on my PK original. Decided it was time to go bigger, so I stepped into a 22 this weekend. I’m looking forward to learning all the tricks and methods of this big beast.
The hills huh? Litchfield? Goshen? Im in Watertown so just south of the quiet western corner!

The hills huh? Litchfield? Goshen? Im in Watertown so just south of the quiet western corner!
Howdy neighbor! Bantam to be precise, just a 20 minute drive from Watertown. I’ve been curious about the “Meat Center” in downtown, passed by it a few times , wondering if it’s a good spot for good cuts.

Howdy neighbor! Bantam to be precise, just a 20 minute drive from Watertown. I’ve been curious about the “Meat Center” in downtown, passed by it a few times , wondering if it’s a good spot for good cuts.

It used to be better, different owners now. I would recommend Labonnes on Straits Turnpike first before them. Fresh grass fed meat cut to order!

I’ll have to check that out. I’ve been to the Salisbury location, had no idea they were in Watertown also.
Yup! They have full time butchers there. I plan on buying a brisket there soon as my maiden voyage of my rebuilt genesis 1000. Its finding the time for it really. Between work and my beer home brewing it keeps me busy!

Stopped by the Labonnes today for a chunk of flank steak for a stuffed roll. Was super excited to go in the new Ace Hardware next door and see that they’re decently stocked with B&B charcoals and a decent rub rack.
Oh yes! The owner told me it will take about a year to get fully stocked but they have an entire wall dedicated to grilling bbqing and smoking.

Aside from us getting 12-18" of snow, intend to get some meat at some point to smoke. Just dont like going outside with 5 degree F with the windchill weather lol

Oh yes! The owner told me it will take about a year to get fully stocked but they have an entire wall dedicated to grilling bbqing and smoking.

Aside from us getting 12-18" of snow, intend to get some meat at some point to smoke. Just dont like going outside with 5 degree F with the windchill weather lol
The lady running the place seemed great, asked if she was missing anything that should be carried. I’d love to be smoking today, but I’m a utility company sort of person, so I drove my hour and twenty minutes to work, so I can sit in my van and wait it out all day lol.
We also tried the Hindsight BBQ on the way to Watertown. My wife knows the family well, and their other restaurant is amazing. I was very happy for that stop, wife and I split a plate of brisket and sticky ribs, and every bite was delicious.
Happy Smoking!

Late to the party again. Welcome Dan. I'm in Danbury. Been smoking for a few years but only a few time per year. Certainly no expert. Available info here is boundless.
Welcome! Yeah i plan only a few times a year myself unless i get the bug. Def been more of a fair weather smoker, but I do bbq grill in the dead of winter, but simple stuff like burgers Great to know another local!

Back