Hello from Colorado

Deco

Very excited owner of a new Genesis e325 here. I toiled over this decision for a while. Information and knowledge on this site were very helpful. I am in awe of the expertise you can find here.

I initially bought a Napoleon Rogue 425 with side IR sear during their rebate campaign, which in many instances turned out to be a sham rebate program ("Here, buy your grill now! $75 rebate available through July 5! You just have to submit your claim by August 31! You're all set! Thank you for your patronage. Did I forget to mention your grill won't deliver until late Septmber? No biggie. They are worth the wait. Here's the rebate claim form. Yes, your eyes are seeing correctly, you do have to enter the grill serial number in the claim form. You don't have the grill you say? Well, submit the claim once you get the grill. You have plenty of time. No, you won't get the grill by August 31. Why are you being so difficult? What don't you understanding? We make perfect sense. It is the customer's responsiblity to complete and timely submit the claim. Stop asking questions. And no, we can't promise you'll get your grill by August. Right now it's looking like late September. Aren't you glad you bought during the generous rebate program? You want a refund now? Stupid buyers not understanding how rebates work are the worse!"). The universe cursed my Napoleon purchase and nudged me towards the Weber. Thank you, universe.

What I did not realize when researching grills was that there was a market for vintage rehabbed Webers. I am an absolute sucker for retro design from the 70s, and that's the vibe I get from the older Genesis, even though they were sold in that style in the last decade. Had I known about those, I may have held out for one. Still, I'm very pleased with the e325, and don't mind that it blocks a bit of my view from the deck. I could tuck it away so it doesn't, but I like looking at it.

IMG_8720.JPG

Which leads me to my current questions: to cover or not to cover.

Welcome Deco. Wow, bad luck with Napoleon. You will love your Weber! There are a lot of pros and cons to covering it. I do, but the snow and sleet in winter and the dust and pollen in the summer make it necessary. You might want to post this question in the gas grill section of the forum to get more traffic on it. Good luck. 😀

Welcome Deco, put that bad experience behind you, and start sharing your cooks here with us, we love new ideas and flavors.

Welcome Deco. Wow, bad luck with Napoleon. You will love your Weber! There are a lot of pros and cons to covering it. I do, but the snow and sleet in winter and the dust and pollen in the summer make it necessary. You might want to post this question in the gas grill section of the forum to get more traffic on it. Good luck. 😀
Thank you Richard, and for the repost suggestion. I will follow your advice. I’m interested to know how people take care of their grill. I have a Chargriller Akron, which I religiously cover up, even in bone dry Colorado, because of their tendency to rust. I don’t mind covering that one, but would really like to leave the Weber uncovered if I can get away with it. I’ll cover it in the winter regardless.

thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi! Welcome to the forum from PA.
Mine’s 11 years old and has never seen a cover, still looks great. Haven’t needed to replace any parts other than the flavorizer bars.

0A327A49-898F-4074-A567-54406720AF6D.png

I live in Colorado and have been covering my Genesis for 20 years. It has zero rust and should last another 20 years.

Given our low humidity, you have little to fear from trapped moisture (if you cover) or from the meager rainfall that we get in the summer (if you don't cover). If you like the look of the grill, uncovered during the summer will work fine.

The reason I cover 7/24/365 is that when I want to make dinner, it is easier to pull off the cover and reveal a clean dry grill underneath ready to go. Rather than deal with a coating of snow, ice, rain, pollen, cottonwood fluff, leaves or dirt. With the high winds we have, the dust, pollen and dirt are pretty constant.

Even with our low humidity, I still want the cover to have plenty of vents and breathability.

Last edited:
Hi. Welcome. I love Colorado,alot of my family is from there and even though I was born in NM we grew up in southern Colorado.
The covering of the grill is really a toss up, where you live and where its located might play a factor. I keep mine covered and clean it with just simple green on the outside of the grill.
Can't wait to see some of your cooks.

Back