HeaterMeter Hardware v4.3.3, v4.3.4, v4.3.5, v4.3.6

It is maybe slightly stringier than my best PETG but less than some others. I had no problems without changing any slicer parameters.

Yeah they're available as the "Clear" option in the store's "Case for HeaterMeter" page. I can't guarantee the clarity of the finished print though. It is definitely clearer than all the other PETG I've been using but it still isn't that nice polished clear, especially on the vertical surfaces where it is the same as the old stuff.

Looks like I have some time to order one. Just about finished with house and garage repair after last windstorm did it`s thing. Did finally fire up my HM this weekend after 3 months and pork tenderloin made wife a little happier.

Hi there. new to the forum but have been using HM for probably 8 yrs... running a 4.1.

I am working on building a new 4.3 and have completed all the steps but am getting some odd behaviors. Note that it is not yet hooked up to a RPi

1.) When powering on, sometimes i'll get blower activity but it starts and fades. when pressing on the ATMEGA chip, sometimes it'll kick back on and sometimes not.
2.) I get absolutely no voltage reading on LE1 when it should be reading 3.3V at least according to the schematic on the wiki.
3.) when connecting the LCD, it will sometimes power up and sometimes not. If it does power up, it'll be a backlit display but no text is visible. Then it loses power and cuts off entirely.

I have checked all solder points and everything, at least to my eyes, looks fine. I'd love any thoughts on what specifically to check. happy to attach photos of the boards if it'll help.

Thank you and please help!!

Ben

Has anyone been able to source parts? my meter i built years ago has seen better days, and i woud like to get a new ont built nefore this one completely craps out.

Looks like Bryan has some kits with alternate regulator on the heater meter store. The whole electronics industry is suffering from supply shortages, a lot of parts with 90 week lead times. You can find parts that will work as alternates, but it takes effort to hunt them down and can get expensive. Prices are also high right now.

As I'm preparing to build my first HeaterMeter I am looking for a place to get the 4.3.6 base PCB in the EU (Netherlands).
I have no experience with making my own PCB's so hope you can help me out.

Couple of questions:
* Where could I get the 4.3.6 base PCB in the EU?
* If they are not available, any recommendations where to get them made with acceptable shipping to the Netherlands?
* Which files do I need to send? I did see the zipped 4.3.5 Gerber files here but not the 4.3.6 ones
* If I end up getting it made, anybody else want one? :)

Thanks,
Ray

As I'm preparing to build my first HeaterMeter I am looking for a place to get the 4.3.6 base PCB in the EU (Netherlands).

Couple of questions:
* If they are not available, any recommendations where to get them made with acceptable shipping to the Netherlands?
* Which files do I need to send? I did see the zipped 4.3.5 Gerber files here but not the 4.3.6 ones

Thanks,
Ray
OSH park is where we ususalky get them made. Pcbway may be a better option. If you like, and you want to pay for shipping and the cost of the boards, I am getting a some soon, they are in Fabrication atm.

Couple of questions:

Thanks,
Ray
I've got several 4.3.4 base board and LCD boards if you have any interest. Could send to you from USA for the cost of shipping if you still need something.

I've got several 4.3.4 base board and LCD boards if you have any interest. Could send to you from USA for the cost of shipping if you still need something.
Hi Ryan, thanks for the offer!
Should have posted here earlier, but John already hooked me up. Actually did my 1st successful test today of fan and servo in manual mode.

Has the Heatermeter project died?
No not really, Byran from the looks of it has taken a long break from it, but that does not mean much as the Heatermeter is pretty good as is.

Anybody can still build one and it will work as it always has.

The main issue with the Heatermeter is finding parts. RPI 's were almost impossible to get, but now they are much easier and cheaper to get. A few of the components were also very hard to get. Covid has put a strain on alot of supplies.

I still make them for people, as I can easily get parts. Although, I have had been having issues with the thermocouple amps, causing noise. Just about every build I have completed with the amps I have recieved has caused noise issues, that I have had a not much luck fixing.

Anybody can still build one and it will work as it always has.
Great to hear. My buddy happened to have an RPI 3B collecting dust to I'm looking to build a 4.3 HM to replace my previous 4.2 built back in 2015 that got fried, unfortunately. I have a couple of questions if someone can help.

What boards do I need to order from OSHPARK? Is it just the HeaterMeter v4.3.4 base board and HeaterMeter 4.3 LCD board?

Are any of the parts hard to come by currently? It looks like even the RPI is turning up, albeit expensive.

Anything else I should be aware of currently with the project?

Any feedback is appreciated.

@MichaelJF , IIRC, there's 2 different boards, with 2 different BoMs. The difference is whether the chamber sensor (#1,) is a thermocouple (requires surface mount devices,) or a thermistor (does not require surface mount components.) Surface mount soldering is going to require a reflow oven (okay, you can probably get away with a home oven,) or a fine pitch surface mount capable soldering iron and a deft hand. I worked in an electronics fab for 6 years and was always amazed at the surface mount tech skills.

Back