Hard to shop for.

Ron De Hoogh

TVWBB Pro
My wife complains that I am hard to shop for, especially at this time of the year as I have pretty much what I need and most everything I want. I'll admit I am particular in what I want especially when it comes to grill and BBQ equipment/tools, I asked for BBQ tools one year and while they were well meaning most are still sitting in a box.

Take Tongs I have a very nice pair of Weber Tongs that the spring finally lost it's springiness and I am looking for a new set as I'm pretty sure Weber doesn't make that style anymore and if I ask for a set I don't know what I'll get! My Wife also complains that if I see something I like I get it then and she has no idea what to get me later, I am a very hands on type so I have to feel it or handle it and I hate buying things online blindly so I really can't offer ideas for them to look for.

Anyone else like that or is just me?

You must be talking to my wife. At age 70 I pretty much get stuff all year long if the budget allows. My wife is pretty much the same way. Christmas gift lists are pretty much a head scratcher around here.

Ron, I can relate with you. I am exactly the same way. Now I just ask for people to not get me anything for Christmas or my birthday. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the gift or the thought. I just don’t want them to waste their time or money on me. I am just as happy watching others open and enjoy their gifts. At 64 years old I have what I need or want.

Yea, they mean well but most of us are very particular about what we buy.
I have a tote full of BBQ gifts sitting in the trusses in the garage that I never used.

Back