Happy SMOKE DAY 16 from Raymond Wisconsin

it was a quiet day... kinda weird, but i got some stuff done while the WSM slaved away.

seasoned this 6 pound slab of beef ribs with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder and added paprika + cayenne.

SD2020a.jpg

on the 22"WSM (meat too large for the 14"WSM) along with a snack for later
Weber briquettes supply the 225º to 250º heat with hickory wood supplying the smoke

SD2020b.jpg

2 hours later...

SD2020c.jpg

...and just before i removed them after 6 hours

SD2020d.jpg
SD2020e.jpg

opened a nice Spanish...

05232020.jpg

...then got the meat prepped for slicing.

SD2020f.jpg
SD2020g.jpg

served with roasted baby reds and broccoli with sweet peppers

SD2020h.jpg

Thanks for swinging by eet.gif hope your Smoke Day 2020 version was enjoyable as well!

I'm just impressed you had a plate you could fit that thing on! :) Great looking beef ribs, Jim! Not sure when we'll see those again around here (rare as hen's teeth before all this Covid craziness!) My post-Covid cook list is getting long!

R

Jim food looks great as always, what is the plan with the peppers? Do you eat them whole saving them for another cook, or where they just to add flavor to the beef rib cook?

Thank you all for such nice comments! You're all amazing folks and I'm honored to be among each one of you!

Looks amazing. What internal temp did you pull them? Did you wrap them at all?
Thanks Andy, I did not temp them nor did i wrap them... just left them alone for 6 hours...
Nice slab, Jim! By any chance did it come from Held's?
Thanks Brad! umm, i don't think Held's sells steaks or ribs... i believe they're basically a sausage, cheese and jerky joint.
Jim food looks great as always, what is the plan with the peppers? Do you eat them whole saving them for another cook, or where they just to add flavor to the beef rib cook?
these peppers were just for for snackin', my wife thinks i'm crazy... but i scrape out the seeds and most of the ribs... they're good, smoked or fresh.
Other times i'll roast peppers to add to other sides...

Back