Hanging Tomahawk Ribeye

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Looks great but the performer will do the same lol
But, that’s not on YouTube!
Well, I’m sure someone has posted one somewhere.

J Hasselberger

TVWBB Pro
I'm missing the nice crust of a reverse sear from Malcom's hanger. I use a performer with the coals one one side, cook indirect to 115°; rest, blot off the moisture and oil the meat (also add a little pepper); build up the fire to super-hot; reverse sear about 1-2 minutes per side, rotating often. Photos below.

I like doing a tomahawk, mainly because of the convenient handle to use while searing.

Jeff

Ribeye raw by Jeff Hasselberger, on Flickr

Ribeye cooked by Jeff Hasselberger, on Flickr

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Wizard
The above pictures of that rib steak is how I roll too. Why try to fix something that isn't broken, all your steps are perfect and I know how the end result will be. Good looking cut too btw. I also thought for sure with that hook sitting at 90, kind of swaying a bit Malcom would come back and all of a sudden he would be going caveman style instead of hanging style.

J Hasselberger

TVWBB Pro
The above pictures of that rib steak is how I roll too. Why try to fix something that isn't broken, all your steps are perfect and I know how the end result will be. Good looking cut too btw. I also thought for sure with that hook sitting at 90, kind of swaying a bit Malcom would come back and all of a sudden he would be going caveman style instead of hanging style.
Re: the ribeye cut - the H-E-B super in these parts sells prime, wagyu and dry aged ribeye. It’s the benchmark cut in Texas. Not cheap,but quite good for the price. Whenever I go in, I always scope the meat case and if the cuts look especially right, I snag them. Never disappointing.
Jeff