Had a great week!

JoeH

Its been a heck of a week, here in northern indiana. A few kettles left, but last week I added the black 18 for my daughter. Then stumbled on the platinum. Then came THE day..... jumped on a "for sale" add. Ended up bringing home 6 grills for a song! 22" mid 70s in red, yellow, and brown... an avocado from early 70s, a red 18, and a red performer SS with rotisserie!

Attachments

• 20210513_194156.jpg
    20210513_194156.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 31
Its been a heck of a week, here in northern indiana. A few kettles left, but last week I added the black 18 for my daughter. Then stumbled on the platinum. Then came THE day..... jumped on a "for sale" add. Ended up bringing home 6 grills for a song! 22" mid 70s in red, yellow, and brown... an avocado from early 70s, a red 18, and a red performer SS with rotisserie!
Pictures or it didn't happen! :)
Im tryin!20210512_195606.jpg

I' counting about 15 in your fleet give or take.... (y) What's your record for # of kettles in use at the same time? I sort of miss using a kettle (I have PK360 instead, for now). I could see myself having 2 going at once, or maye 3 if hosting a party.... (my parties don't get that big anymore:rolleyes:)

I' counting about 15 in your fleet give or take.... (y) What's your record for # of kettles in use at the same time? I sort of miss using a kettle (I have PK360 instead, for now). I could see myself having 2 going at once, or maye 3 if hosting a party.... (my parties don't get that big anymore:rolleyes:)
Right now, its 4.

Memorial day weekend, its going to get crazy. Pork buts on the wsm, ribs on 2, wings on 1. Im cold smoking fish filets on one to get deep fried on another, and ill be cold smoking hardboiled eggs for deviled eggs on another.

Sounds like a great way to spend Mem Day weekend. I'm road tripping to visit friends that moved to South Carolina. My buddy down there has a 22" WSM and I'm hoping we'll get a chance to fire it up. Normally the ladies will go along if the plan is for ribs or pulled pork. We'll see what happens.

Good Luck for your Mem Day cook!

Wow, that's crazy to buy that many from one person. Probably an estate sale or something?
Actually, the gentleman is packing up to move closer to his brother. Hes been collecting these for more than 30 years, and had stories about each of them, like how he picked up the yellow one from detroit, and it was spray painted camouflage, so he used his buffer to get all of the spray off it....

Wow, that's crazy to buy that many from one person. Probably an estate sale or something?
Actually, the gentleman is packing up to move closer to his brother. Hes been collecting these for more than 30 years, and had stories about each of them, like how he picked up the yellow one from detroit, and it was spray painted camouflage, so he used his buffer to get all of the spray off it....

That is really cool. Hopefully they last long enough so you can tell those stories when you pass them down to the next person.

Back