Grillkilt grill apron

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Steven from Barbecue Bible sent a link to this in an email.

Can't remember where I got it, but it was a promo and free. A pretty heavy and well-made apron with a beer bottle pocket and and retractable opener.

We were recently guests of someone who grilled while wearing an antique dark brown leather butcher's/craftman's apron. Really impressive looking. I've scoured the Internet to find one that's similar. They don't make them like they used to.

How can they refer to 46" as "complete waist coverage" and in the very next sentence talk about expanding the waist with add-on panels? They apparently don't understand the meaning of the word "complete".

I also have no use for an apron that starts at the waist and extends downward. I seldom get food or grease on my pants when cooking. It's my shirt that suffers 99% of the time. I need a butcher's apron.

The many pockets, D-rings, and attachment for a towel are all very good ideas. I may need to make some alterations to the $12 apron I've been using for years.

Some of those work aprons look very promising. The waxed canvas ones will probably allow stains to simply wipe off. Lots of pockets for thermometer, timer, phone, remote Smoke receiver, loops that would take a carabiner to attach a towel. Not to mention they're very manly looking. The one with padded shoulder straps looks very rugged.

And it's not like they are a unitasker. Use it for working around the house, garden , garage.
Those got popular a few years before I retired. Carpenters liked those better than the regular belt tool apron.

Back