Grill 'N Go Light

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Just a plug for this light, that I recently acquired. Great coverage for my EP-330 and good, bright light. This pic was taken in the dark with no flash. I think I see the gasser becoming the grill of choice this winter.

1603071484984.jpeg

That does look great. My question is how they handle high heat for extended periods of time?
Also, do they make them for the older Genesis Silver B and Genesis 1000 grills? Or do the lights have a universal fit mount?

Yep, I just put my performer and Gen 2000 into hibernation mode. When it's cold and the snow fly's our E320 NG is a few feet from the back door under a covered patio. It's the winter cooker no tanks to mess with just light it and go.

Wish I had a covered patio for my grills. I agree, when it is -10 degrees with snow on the ground, simply opening the tank and burner valves and hitting the ignition switch for instant heat is very nice.

Also, do they make them for the older Genesis Silver B and Genesis 1000 grills? Or do the lights have a universal fit mount?

I'm pretty sure this fits the 'newer' versions with the round handles. I don't know if there's a version of it that fits the older handles.

I have been hoarding the old 7516 Weber grill out lights for years for my 2000 Silver B. It works great, but eventually the weather gets to them. Since they are very rare, I remove mine from the handle during the summer, so the unit is only outside in the weather (uncovered patio with grill cover) for 5 months or so. You can occasionally find them on ebay for crazy prices. Exactly the right tool for the job. I have lights on my patio, but the grill surface is completely shaded when the lid goes up. Without the 7516, my winter grill light is a mini flashlight stuck in my mouth.

I also suspect that the old clip-on Weber 6427 light (easier to find) could be harvested to use on the Silver B (although I've not tried it). Same goes for the old 6503 light that straps onto the Q handle. But (and the big but) only if you have the right bracket.

Because to work, you need the correct combo of brackets to fit the rectangular plastic handles (described in video below) of those grills. My 2000 grill takes two C brackets, which are impossible to find. You can find A and B brackets for the more recent round and oblong handles more easily. So I have attached a series of 7516 lights to my original plastic C brackets. Which has bubbles in the plastic from where the grill heat has partly melted it. But it still works.

I had a hard time finding a good alternative that would ride on the handle or lid. Some of the magnetic ones don't have the auto switch and (being metal) get really hot if attached to the lid. So burned fingers when you push the on/off button. Best solution is probably a magnetic long goose neck that would attach to a cooler portion of the metal control panel.

Last edited:

Back