Griddles???

Gotta wonder, but just like a cast iron frying pan, that can be cleaned off just fine and reseasoned. If it works, that is great. Either use it or rehab and sell it. If it winds up being junk, just put it on the curb and list it on FB or CL for scrap.

Well, no disrespect here. I had an opportunity to have a good deep look at the Weber griddle side by side with comparable Blackstone, and one other brand. Weber seemed a little "flimsy" value wise. For $100 than the comparable Blackstone. I honestly could not see a value or build quality difference there. Then when compared to the Member's Mark 5 burner griddle Pro Series at $70 less sorry if I were wanting one right now today? The MM is the one getting the nod. Build quality, features, blows Blackstone away, as well. Just my $.02 Now that I have had a chance to see everything between $300 to $500 available. To be fair I have not gone to places like grill shops i.e. Great Escape and others. Simply normal retailers Fleet Farm, Farm and Fleet, Sam's Club. I was unable to find a label to see where Weber is made. So IDK that part of the equation. I am simply looking at the hardware and where I would plunk my hard earned $$$ down

The ad has since expired. It was a pretty pitiful one with a griddle - I believe Blackstone - where the seller said that a grease fire had "fried the electronics."
How much was it? If it was the 36" the top (cold rolled steel) would have some value. It could be used over fire or put on a Santa Maria. You would have to use some caution to ensure the flames don't creep over the top, but it could be a decent catch for the right price

The ad has since expired. It was a pretty pitiful one with a griddle - I believe Blackstone - where the seller said that a grease fire had "fried the electronics."
Thanks Jon, I appreciate the update. I’m putting myself on a “outdoor cookery” diet for the time being. Once I finish the “rotisserie carriage” I might consider something to add but, I really can’t see ANYTHING I can use aside from what I have. Well, maybe some custom covers? ”Overperformer“ Platypus after I make new side tables, the roti carriage. Heck I’ve just spent a pocketful of coin mentally! I need to get a life.

I would guess all the Chinese factories making grills and such will easily convert over to making drones, landmines and missiles when necessary.

Back