Great 4th of July with Good Friends

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th. Barb and I had some good friends over for a BBQ of deviled eggs, poppers, Ribs, homemade potato salad, corn on the bone and Barb made a peach pie for dessert.

Made a Bourbon infused # 5 sauce that came out great.
100_6101.JPG

I made two racks of spares cut down to St. Louis style.
One with my rub and another with a rub I purchased at the Tennessee Grill which is near Phoenix. We always meet our daughter there when she comes into Phoenix for lunch.
100_6114.JPG
100_6110.JPG

Barbs peach pie it, sure was good.
100_6115.JPG

Homemade potato salad
100_6130.JPG

Ribs at about the two hour mark.
100_6136.JPG

Wrapped in pink butcher paper with a little apple juice and brown sugar.
100_6139.JPG

Ribs sauced and just about ready
100_6146.JPG

COB finishing up.
100_6151.JPG

Sorry no plated picture we were all hungry and just dug in.
Everything came out good and we really enjoyed seeing our friends which we haven’t seen since around January.

Take care and stay safe.

Rich, great looking grub! Glad you got to see your long lost friends!

How much bourbon goes into the #5? I've never added booze to mine, but I add booze to me all the time, so why not?!?!? ;)

R

My invitation must have got lost in the mail.

Everything looks really good, thanks for sharing.

Beautiful spread there, Rich. Have you noticed any difference between wrapping your ribs paper vs. foil.?

Rich, great looking grub! Glad you got to see your long lost friends!

How much bourbon goes into the #5? I've never added booze to mine, but I add booze to me all the time, so why not?!?!? ;)

R
Rich, I made a double batch and put five tablespoons of Wild Turkey 101. Gave it a much deeper flavor. Barb and I both liked it a lot and had it on some chicken thighs last night and that was great too.

Every single thing looks great, must have been quite a meal. Love the corn 🌽 direct on the grates, nothing beats some char on those kernels !!

I don't know what looked better those ribs or that Pie :)
Pink Butcher paper.... Me and my brother have gone over this one a few times, what's your take?

Back