Grates for Flip Grills

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey Guys,

I have two grills I plan on flipping this spring, have everything else I need to get them ready but need some grates. I don't want to break the bank (The wife doesn't believe in heavy grill repair financing). The grills are a Silver B with a Blue Lid and a Black Lidded Silver C. I see on Amazon that you can spend as much as you want on a set of grates but some of you guys who are experienced flippers probably have a preference on the ones you use for your grills.

Thanks in advance!
Bobby

If you are ok with the $50 range, my recommendations would be Qlimetal or Hongso. The ones cheaper than those have definite compromises but you can still make a presentable grill using cheaper grates; the average customer who isn’t all into grills like we are probably wouldn’t even care.

If you haven’t read it and have time, I did a pretty extensive review of stainless grates last year:

One thing to keep in mind, cooking grids don't require any tools or skills to change. As long as you offer something like the other guys recommend you should be OK. The new grill owner can purchase premium grids if they desire.

I would think it would be hard to recoup the cost, up to $150, of a premium grid or Weber cooking system.

Back