gourmet meal

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
NOT! This is as simple as it gets. The wife got a cpl lbs of Jimmie Dean's yesterday so I smoked one for breakfast sausage on the mini . I keep the cooker low and stop the cook at about 100* internal. I then fry a few slices in cast iron and serve along side a couple over medium eggs -- it tastes just like Cracker Barrel.

IMG_1470_zps73484283.jpg

The other I made into patties and grilled them on the kettle, served with a slice of tomato on toast, fried some taters and dusted them with parmesan cheese, opened a can of Lite and called it supper.

IMG_1478_zps5468d3ef.jpg

IMG_1479_zpsf1d249ea.jpg

Your sausage sandwich is just missing the egg on top, one ingredient away from the perfect sandwich.
Looks Great!

Looks super.your sandwich brought me back to childhood when my day use to grill deer sausage patties with jalepeno's...yum...

Looks pretty good, Dwain. Your post reminds me that it's past time for me to smoke some bologna. But I'll stick it back in the fridge and slice to fry up in a CIS as needed. Talk about good with some eggs! Speaking of "gourmet" and eggs though, your post also reminded me of something I want to try one of these days that's in my Wicked Good BBQ book. It's called BBQ Scotch Eggs, and it's one egg in the center of a small fatty that's got some maple syrup mixed in, then hit with some rub before smoking. Sounds like breakfast to me!

Have a good 'un!
Dave

Looks pretty good, Dwain. Your post reminds me that it's past time for me to smoke some bologna. But I'll stick it back in the fridge and slice to fry up in a CIS as needed. Talk about good with some eggs! Speaking of "gourmet" and eggs though, your post also reminded me of something I want to try one of these days that's in my Wicked Good BBQ book. It's called BBQ Scotch Eggs, and it's one egg in the center of a small fatty that's got some maple syrup mixed in, then hit with some rub before smoking. Sounds like breakfast to me!

Have a good 'un!
Dave

I've done Scotch Eggs -- they're fantastic!

Back