Got some good non-magnetic grills for the Genesis 1000 for ~$50

Dave Glasgal

TVWBB Member
Sorry, not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I thought I'd leave it somewhere visible in case it helps anyone else.

I ordered these a couple weeks ago (price has already dropped since then - d'oh!) and just got around to dropping them in. After seeing someone else's post the other day about getting magnetic grates even though they weren't supposed to be, I was concerned that I'd be facing the same thing. Nope. Took these out of the box, tried getting something to stick - even at the ends and the joints - and my magnet just falls right off. They seem really heavy too. Just tossed them on over the set of Dave's bars that arrived today, and now I'm nearly ready to fire this up for my first Weber meal.

Anywho...the link, if anyone is interested: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07T9L9QCY/tvwb-20

Thanks for the review. Honsgo used to be my go to in that price range due to the lack of a center bar and being a tiny bit longer than the others which makes them fit better and keep from moving around when cleaning them. But, they took a price jump up to $59. At that price, I would probably go to the Midwest offering at $59. They also lack the center bar and best of all, they are 8mm rods instead of the common 7mm rods in the price range.

Thanks for the review. Honsgo used to be my go to in that price range due to the lack of a center bar and being a tiny bit longer than the others which makes them fit better and keep from moving around when cleaning them. But, they took a price jump up to $59. At that price, I would probably go to the Midwest offering at $59. They also lack the center bar and best of all, they are 8mm rods instead of the common 7mm rods in the price range.

Out of curiosity, what is the drawback to lacking a center bar? Does it make them weaker / wear out faster or something?

Dave, I prefer the lack of the center bar. It allows you to clean them much easier, especially if you use a Chargon tool.

Jon, thanks for that review you did last summer.

Back