Getting wood in NJ

Matt H

TVWBB Fan
I know there are some NJ guys that can help me out.

Where do you get your woods? HD and Lowes have been the go to place, but I was wondering if you had a better, perhaps cheaper, source for woods? Maybe mail-order?

Thanks!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hi Matt H,

Not sure where you are located, but if you're in northern NJ, Hoskins Propane has a full line of Weber hardware as well as wood. They're located on Goffle Road in Ridgewood, NJ.

Jim

i have cherry and birch trees in my backyard; that's what i use
icon_smile.gif

I'd bet in Somerset you should be able to get something from a neighbor or maybe the township parks dept.

Well, free is always the cheapest.
icon_smile.gif

But if you want to explore online there's a place out your way which I've had great results with.
http://www.smokinlicious.com/index.php?home
The Hickory IMO is far superior than any bagged stuff that I use to get from HD or Lowes.
Yea it's a little spensive, but I figure I'm worth it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

I've had good luck finding diffrent woods on Ebay. Also check youre local gardening supply stores the one in my area carries a basic line of the Weber wood. Good luck.

There's apple orchards in north nj. Go there and grab some cut branches and you have apple wood for the year. I grew up in Wayne, NJ. but now a long islander. I take my family apple picking to a farm in westchester NY (twon of congers), where we pick them off the tree. The bonus is I just grab cut off branches (3 inches thick) for my supply of smoke wood. Double bonus is a fun family day.

Back