German OTG limited....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

TVWBB Fan
I am always on the lookout for rare/different kettles and I stumbled across this on the german ebay site:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Weber-Grill-Holzkohlegrill-Gold-57cm...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

looks similar to this Limited OTS that weber shows in its 2008 OTS manual but is an OTG/Mastertouch with a grey paint scheme and black rounded handles...pretty cool looking although the price (especially with the strong Euro now) would be impossible to justify
icon_smile.gif

interesting though... too bad we cant get that here in the states...
I did check the Weber Germany website and did not see this exact configuration listed....anyhow, just thought it was interesting...

yes, those handles would definitely be nice...

Does anyone know where weber manufactures their grills worldwide? its interesting how even in Europe, how they offer differnet models in each country,etc...just curious as to how they make the decisions on what models/features are offered in the US and elsewhere....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan:
yes, those handles would definitely be nice...

Does anyone know where weber manufactures their grills worldwide? its interesting how even in Europe, how they offer differnet models in each country,etc...just curious as to how they make the decisions on what models/features are offered in the US and elsewhere.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Evan,
I found this website and thought you may want to check it out.
http://www.weststyle.de/Weber-Grill/Weber-Holzkohlegril...cm-Kupfer::1665.html
Anything made by Weber is atleast twice the price here in Germany.

Their Web sites are more interesting and very colorful compared to their web site here in the states.

You just wonder if the market here for their products is such that they can place more emphasis on selling their products in other countries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
yea, weber seems to like other countries better than the usa. they get nicer and more choices. shame on weber !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd differ - we pay twice the price for everything Weber and get it a lot later. Anyone seen SS grates for a 22 1/2 inch grill? Ever need an obscure part or want to speak to customer services (OK I have called US CS in the past and they have been helpful).
Having said that a few "special editions" seem to be around but I suspect they are aimed at maintaining the differentiation between box shifters and dealers to achieve the high price point.

Sean,
thanks for the link... thats some interesting stuff... i asked Tomas this same question, but do you know if those black handles are available from weber in germany? id love to get my hands on some....would anyone in the EU be able to help me out... could paypal the $ for cost+shipping...
thanks in advance..
Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back